Nipples?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nipples?

I am guessing that guys have nipples due to the fact that gender isn't specified until later in the fetal development.

Or would it have something to do with the fact that if and man without nipples "mated" with a female with nipples there is a 1:4 chance that the offspring would not have nipples be them either male or female?

There that ought a give us a good speculation thread.
    AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
    AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
    Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
    Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Look, even a guy would look terrible without nipples, donĀ“t you think?

Comment

True.. that is what my wife told me... but I am looking for more of a sound reasoning than ("Guys subconsiencely know that they would look funny in a bathing suit or without a shirt on without nipples and therefore change the genetic code of their reproductive system to give any male offspring cool nipples")

Comment

Originally posted by cbman
        True.. that is what my wife told me... but I am looking for more of a sound reasoning than ("Guys subconsiencely know that they would look funny in a bathing suit or without a shirt on without nipples and therefore change the genetic code of their reproductive system to give any male offspring cool nipples")

Well, it's not about if the guy thinks it looks good, it's his potential mate, remember...

Rags

Comment

When you're just a wee embryo, your genetics set the various parts to "Guy mode" or "Gal mode". In general males and females both have the same parts, just rearranged and modified to suit the current function. Some simpler animals can switch from male to female and back just by exposure to hormones. Birds sexual organs wither away when they're not in mating season, and can be triggered to grow back just by exposing their brains to light.

Comment

So it could be either :

We form Nipples before we hit (Guy/Girl) mode?

We have nipples because they contribute to our sex appeal to women?

We could have a hormone shift that allows us to have withering parts as long as we stay out of the sun?

Or could they be left on strictly for pleasure as a spot which for some enhance (Sometimes with "nipple rings") eroticism leading to a better chance of heated animalistic mating

Or maybe our ancestors (Way Way Back) could fill in the role of nursing if the mother had expired during childbirth? (Way back before stereotypes)?

Comment

We all have nips for exactly the same reason.
              It's the form they take & the structures under them that change at puberty.
              So, it's reason #1 that wins the prize tonight.
              chuck
              Chuck
              ƧĀ§ā€¹Ć©ÅøĀ³Ć§Å”ā€žĆ§Ė†ĀøƧĖ†Āø

Comment

So A pre-pubescent male and female are identical in body makeup under the nips and only during puberty when the female starts to develop fully does anything change?

Pretty sound reasoning

Comment

Just for you guys:
                  Attached Files
                  Lawrence

Comment

Well, I took my zoology classes 25 years ago, but I'm pretty sure that all mamals have nipples.
                    chuck
                    Chuck
                    ƧĀ§ā€¹Ć©ÅøĀ³Ć§Å”ā€žĆ§Ė†ĀøƧĖ†Āø

Comment

Yep... as far as I know they do as well.

Birds don't have nipples... maybe that is why their nethers fall off in the dark.

Therefore... our nipples hold our nethers on when we can't see them

Comment

Following that logic, one should in theory be very careful - you may get your nipples yanked off by being grabbed by the nethers in the dark !.

Also - how does a mammal know that his nethers does not disappear in the dark (Or for that matter that a birds nethers does not grow in the dark)????? .

One Heisenberg? postulated that the mere fact that one is looking at an object changes its characteristics - therefor all is not as it seems!.

Are you in fact sure that you have nipples?
                        Lawrence

Comment

I can't be sure... I have spots that look like Nipples... but maybe they are something altogether different.

Seeing as Nipples allow fluid to pass with some effort... and my spots don't pass anything... maybe they are something new...

Hmm...

Maybe they are like permenant pasties (Just need to add tassles)

Edit : For those who don't know what pasties are... they are little sticky pads that go over the nipple of exotic women dancers to hide... well.. nothing.. but usually they have tassles...

Since our Nipples don't do much else... maybe they are perma pasties... man style.
                          Last edited by cbman; 17 July 2001, 21:31.

Comment

WHAT

i think that sums it right up
                            no harm, no foul.

Comment

Lawrence

Comment

Working...
                              X