New drivers and TV recording

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New drivers and TV recording

I have been using the leaked drivers (G400 Marvel TV) on win2k without problem and have been using the PC TV app to record TV clips.

It has been stated on this forum that the new drivers have removed the ability to record from the PC TV application. ie it has just become a simple TV viewer.

Does copying over the rricm.dll from the leaked drivers restore the record facility in this app.

If not I think I will stick with the leaked drivers.

No, replacing rricm.dll or rrvcap32.dll doesn't make any differences to new PC-VCR.

I have replaced these two files with the ones from leaked VT (thanks mrtj1 for rricm.dll), I can capture in M-JPEG format with just little drops, but still cannot playback. VirtualDub have internal M-JPEG decoding ability so I am sure the file is ok.

PC-VCR in leaked VT is very unstable on my system, so I think I won't install it again.
    Last edited by Howard C. Lu; 17 July 2001, 16:03.

Comment

thanks for the info

I will just have to hope my system remains stable.

Just in case this helps anyone, I turned off all the power management/ACPI and forced all my IRQ's so that they only had one device on each. I have installed all the latest service packs and patches from Microsofts site. I am runing win2k server and use adsl via USB (that was a problem in itself).

I used the leaked drivers MJPEG and virtualdub to convert to other formats with reasonable quality. I can't use YUY2 my PC disk drives are not fast enough and hence I get too many dropped frames.

My PC has not crashed since except when I tried to use MSP6.0, however I have always found that this product and its earlier versions to be unstable and hence I use other editing tools.

Comment

Working...
      X