Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appian multiple display cards

Hi,
    I've seen the "Appian" name appear in a few posts recently and have a few questions maybe someone here can answer for me.

Do their multiple display cards have "Matrox-Like" 2-D display quality and refresh capabilities or are they just another company to jump on the "dual head wannabe" bandwagon?

Are they owned by ATI?

I read in a report somewhere that the Appian Jeronimo Pro is the only multiple monitor card to receive Microsoft's WHQL certification for Windows 95, 98 and NT 4.0. Is this true?

Thanks,
    Riddek.
    "Whoa..."
    Keanu Reeves.

Re: Appian multiple display cards

Originally posted by Riddek
    I read in a report somewhere that the Appian Jeronimo Pro is the only multiple monitor card to receive Microsoft's WHQL certification for Windows 95, 98 and NT 4.0. Is this true?

Thanks,
    Riddek.
    Hi Riddek,

I have no clue about those Appian cards, but if you look at Matrox' WHQL drivers page, you'll find plenty of certified drivers for G200 MMS, G400 & G450 ...
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
    Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
    4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
    2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
    4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
    Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
    LG BH10LS38
    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Canand you even say G550?
      In public?
      LOL
      [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
      Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
      Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
      Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
      Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Actually, the Jeronimo 2000 is based on the Permedia 3 chipset...

I own one of these cards...Appian has offered dual monitor solutions well before Matrox. It's just that the price of these solutionswas far and away more than a typical home user is was willing to pay.

They have excellent 2D performance, and 3D isn't too shabby either for casual gaming.

You can pick them up on eBay for around $150.00 used...and I think they are worth it.
        Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Working...
        X