Ordering DVD's internationally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordering DVD's internationally

There's one or two DVDs I want to buy that aren't available here in Australia (region 4) and I'm considering ordering them from overseas (yes, I have region free hardware )

Has anyone here ordered internationally from any US sites, and if so what extra costs are likely to be involved? (I have no idea whether I would have to pay customs on it. I guess if there's any other Aussies here who have ordered hardware from the States they could answer that for me)

Plus, which sites are both cheap and reliable?
    <i>Shampoo is better! I go on first and clean the hair!</i>

Athlon 700, K7V, 192Mb RAM, 32Mb G400 DH (v5.52), SBLive!, 26.4GB HDD, Win2k Pro, Actima 8xDVD, LG 32x4x4x CD-RW, CTX VL950T 19"

I order lots of region 1 from play247.com and find them fast and reliable. They're based in Jersey (Channel Islands) so I don't pay any tax or customs getting them into the UK. I don't know what the situation would be getting them into Australia.
    Dave
    Don't make me angry...

Comment

I used to order at www.dvdexpress.com, who turned into www.express.com and went broke this year, though their site still seems to be up.

I'm ordering now at dvdempire.com, which works quite good, but was a pain to set up, sicne they requiere fax copies of credit card and password for the first order.

Customs to Germany are the usual 20%, Australia will differ.

Bye,
      Pelle

Comment

Working...
      X