Some of forums down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some of forums down

Click on General hardware or Matrox hardware and you get a message that theres problem with the database.

This weekend isn't going very well.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Seems some forums are down for some people, but not for others.
    I can get into every forum except Soap Box.
    I've heard from others who cant get into other specific forums, and some ppl who can't get into any.

There also seems to be a problem with the dbase updating individual threads. Replys are posted, but not shown on the topic or main forum page.

Figures that the new software would give us trouble the first time Ant is away from it

Ant should be back first part of the week, and hopefully it won't be a major problem to get fixed...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I can get into every forum, but I don't see updates to any threads. I've entered a couple and seen that they were answered in, so I tried to answer in 2 threads as well. Upon return I get the database message, and when I refresh and then press the 'go back to the thread' line, I end up in Joel's English thread in The Soap Box. I had this on both answers.

My profile does tell me where I answered though, and my answers will show up in those threads.

Jord.
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

I'm posting this to see what happens to me, but what I find odd so far is that my display of the Site Feedback main page shows that this very thread has 36 views but 0 replies, when there are obviously 2 replies ahead of mine....
        Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
        -Jay Bulworth

Comment

I'm posting this to see what happens to me, but what I find odd so far is that my display of the Site Feedback main page shows that this very thread has 36 views but 0 replies, when there are obviously 2 replies ahead of mine....

----edit, since I had "a slight problem with the database" and couldn't submit the post and I'm back at the reply to topic screen via the "back" button.

Still wondering what thread I'll be returned to when I do successfully post....
          Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
          -Jay Bulworth

Comment

----edit, since I had "a slight problem with the database" and couldn't submit the post and I'm back at the reply to topic screen via the "back" button.

-----which won't be on my second try, apparently....
            Holly

-Jay Bulworth

Comment

-----which won't be on my second try, apparently....

-----or if I try to preview, then submit..... *sigh*

-----good thing I live with a fellow forum member, who can tell me that while afaik, this post has not gone through, with a "slight problem with the database" msg, I am in fact TRIPLE-POSTED (now quadruple posted.)

Kinda sucky. Now I can't even get on minis for that, since it might well not be their fault....
              Holly

-Jay Bulworth

Comment

..... and no, using the refresh button as the message advised did nothing but refresh the "slight problem" message, which is how I wound up using the back button and re-submitting....

----- checking to see how/if editing is OK.... and I'll take this moment to mention that if you subscribe to one or more forums, the display on your user cp page of the status of those forums is not current to the moment, even if you reload the cp page. If you post somewhere, then go back to the cp page, you won't be the "most recent poster" on the forum-- in fact, it won't update at all from what it was when you logged on.

I don't feel like that how it's supposed to work, but I could be expecting too much.
                Last edited by motub; 16 July 2001, 05:35.
                Holly

-Jay Bulworth

Comment

Seems dodgy this new server to me
                  Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                  X