rricm.dll - For MJPEG capture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rricm.dll - For MJPEG capture

I hear that using the rricm.dll file from the recent leaked video tools with the new video tools will allow us to continue using MJPEG.
    Problem is, while I have the leaked tools, I have already uninstalled them and installed the new ones. I'm always kinda wary about fiddling with my matrox software once it's installed and working, so I'm not really jumping at the opportunity to reinstall the leaked tools just to get this file.

So as this file isn't really a large one (around 200kb), can anyone that has it upload it somewhere for the rest of us?
    It would be extremely appreciated.

Jason.

A link is in this thread

Comment

hmm

I was told that the correct file was rricm.dll
      The thread you point to mentions the rrvcap32.dll file.

Regardless, i'll try that and see how it goes.
      Thanks for the pointer.

Jason.

Comment

Okay.. That file allows for capturing, but no playback.
        Of course, I'm guessing it captured okay, cos I can't actually playback the file it captured.

Jason.

Comment

I have the picvideo mjpeg codec installed, so I can playback those mjpeg captures. Works fine.
          @DrP #Windows95 DALnet

Comment

Is this DLL for the G200 or 400? I need the one for the G200 !!!
            Resistance is futile - Microborg will assimilate you.

Comment

I have a g400, so if anything, the DLL I posted would be for it. Perhaps they are the same dll ?
              @DrP #Windows95 DALnet

Comment

When I last tried picvideo, I found the quality much lacking compared to the hardware decoder.
                Has this changed?

Jason.

Comment

I think the hardware encoder does a much better job, less grainy results than picvideo, decoding... hmm, not sure! The only reason I use mjpeg is for time shifting a show, not to encode to a mpeg - compared to my VCR even picvideo is great.

I think Matrox canned hardware mjpeg playbacks due to too many BSOD.
                  @DrP #Windows95 DALnet

Comment

Yep I know.. That's why I'm trying to get hold of the rricm.dll file from the leaked drivers.
                    I was lead to believe that this will enable us to continue playing back video via the hardware decoder also.
                    I had no problems with BSOD, so I would like the option to continue using the hardware acceleration.

Jason.

Comment

this is the rricm.dll for the leaked win2k VT's.

someone messaged me and i told them i'd send it to them, this forum apparently doesnt save messages so i dont have your email address.

anyone who still wants it. get it here.

for the G400 btw.
                      --
                      TJ

Comment

Cool.. Thanks for that

Jason.

Comment

Working...
                        X