Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• experiences with new W2k VT

Hi ppls,
    I have enabled mpjeg captures again by copying renaming the new rrvcap32.dll and then copy the rrvcap32.dll from the leaked drivers into my \winnt\system32 directory and then done a capture with AVI_IO. results - 0 drops (aside from audio resyncs), no other weirdness just so long as Overlay mode is off. Capture for 45 mins just fine. With overlay mode on so I can see the pic, frames were dropped in groups sporadically. The key seems to be to leave overlay off. This may be a way for those who don't have a beast of a machine to capture in w2k.

Go here to get the leaked rrvcap32.dll - http://members.dingoblue.net.au/~alfalfa1/rrvcap32.dll

I cranked the mjpeg quality all the way up by editing the registry - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Matrox\RainbowRunner\0 \VidCap\CurrentValues\MjpegQuality and settings the default to 100%. Don't know exactly how much of an improvement this gave, but the compression artifacts were noticeably reduced.

Anyone who is having problems with the audio clipping and cant get rid of the problem with their sound card volume controls might want to check out HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Matrox\RainbowRunner\0 \VIN\DefaultValues value TVTuner\AudioVolume - I set mine to 35,000 decimal.

With the rrvcap32.dll from the released VT, I have been able to capture with 0 drops (cept for audio resync), full size, full rate PAL into huffyuv for 45 mins with no weirdness happening using AVI_IO.

It seems that the frequencies for Australian TV are still a bit whacked. I exported HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Matrox\RainbowRunner\0 \TVTFreq\PAL_BG_AUS from my win98 config and imported into W2k then ran a channel scan, all is happy.

Go here to get the Aussie TV reg file -

My PC is a Tbird 1GHz, 384Mb RAM, IBM 75GB hdd for the capture volume, AOpen Ak73Pro with v32 4-in-1 drivers and DX8 and SP2 installed.
    @DrP #Windows95 DALnet
Working...
X