X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitorsettings under NT4

Hi all!
    Hope someone can help me here.
    I've got a G400MAX running fine on a NT4(SP6)-Machine.
    My problem is, that my monitors (CTX 950T and LG Flatron 575) are'nt registered in the Powerdesk's 4.45 Menu. So I need to use the Standard- / VESA-Resolutions, which of course are beyond the possibilities.
    How can I make PD aware of the "real" settings? DDC/Plug-and-Play doesn't seem to work. Is there a possibility to add monitors? Or to patch some registry-entries?

TIA for your help!
    Andreas

Its Simple ...

... but not short ...

If your monitor isnt listed, you have to manually adjust all ( at least those you are using ) resolutions. Go to Display Properties>Advanced>Monitor Settings and then Adjust Current Display mode or Adjust a Different Display Mode ... so you enter Refresh Rate, FPorch, BPorch (if needed) blah blah ... for all the resolutions you need ...
    Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

Hi omegaRED!
      Thanks for your guidance. Unfortunately, I can't find such settings ...
      I assume you mean the settings under "control panel"? In "Display Properties" I have "Background", "Screensaver", "Presentation", "Plus!" an "Settings".
      When I go for Settings, there is no possiblity to change any monitor-related things ... I can change the resolution, the refreshrate an after clicking on the "Configuration..."-Button, I can change the graphics adapter ...
      (I'm using the german version of Windows NT 4, so I tried to translate it)

Andreas

Comment

Unfortunately, i`m running Win2k, so the settings may not be the same ...

Although i find it strange that you dont have any Monitor Customizations icons ... Can you tell me the names on the Tabs in the Settings panel? If its easier for you, post them in German, i speak German too ...

Rags, Greebe, anyone ... do the NT4 drivers have Monitor customizations?
        Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

The NT4 drivers have monitor customisations, but you don't reach them through the standard display settings but through the Power Desk icon in the system tray.

Right click on the icon and choose "Matrox Display Settings" (I think these are the words).

Kim
          P5B Deluxe, C2D E6600, Scythe Ninja, G.Skill 2GBHX
          Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

Comment

Hah!
            Thanks, I've found it.
            But - I didn't think it would be such strange ...
            Anyway - I'll post my way so it might help people using search... This works with Powerdesk 4.45 :

Go to PD-Icon in the system tray, click right and choose Matrox Display Settings (Matrox-Bildschirmeigenschaften). Then go to the Tab Monitor and choose a Matrox-Monitor which has all the resolutions you want to customize (e.g. Vesa 1600X1200 @ ...). If you click Properties (Eigenschaften) you'll get the resolutions and their "Zoom". Choose Zoom 1? (Zoomen um 1), then go for Test. At some point, you can go for Details, and there you can modify your refresh rate and all the other things ... before you click OK do so with Use? (Anwenden) otherwise your changes will be lost!

HTH
            Andreas

Comment

Working...
            X