Iiyama Vision Master Pro452 or Samsung 900NF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iiyama Vision Master Pro452 or Samsung 900NF

deciding between these two monitors and I'm leaning towards the Iiyama because of favorable reviews, and the SyncMaster seems to have some bowing problems. I don't want to RMA something this big.

to those of you familiar with the two monitors, which would you recommend.

oh yeah, I've also looked at the MAG 19" flat monitors and they seem pretty good for the price.

Also, is the resolution between the 451Pro and the 452Pro the same?

The Iiyama site has lower resultion support for the 452Pro, but a few reviews I've read indicates higher resultion support (could be a typo in Iiyama's site as the resultions they give are the exact same for the plain 452)

thanks for your patience.

I can't say anything good or bad about the Samsung, but the Iiyama is very nice, as nice as you'll really get without spending the extra on a Sony.

I have the VMPro450, which does 1600x1200x32bit flicker free, and is pretty sharp indeed I'd think that the 451 and 452 are the same, or pretty similar - maybe with a little improvement in power regulation, dot clock or a nice little USB hub

Anyway, just have a look at the monitor in the shop..always the best way (of course, I didn't do that ).

P.
    Meet Jasmine.
    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

The VM pro 451 is absolutely not the same thing as VM 452.

Check out yourself:

The 451 is a trueflat Diamontron monitor, I own one myself and think its wonderful.

The 452 is a trueflat Shadow mask monitor. The tube can't deliver the same resolutions the diamondtron can but it doesn't have the two horisontal lines. In my point of view diamondtron and trinitron (virtually the same) tubes have much better picture quality than shadow mask ones.

The 900NF has a diamondtron tube and I have heard a lot of good things about it, but because having first hand experience with the VM pro 451, I can reccomend it.

It's a tough call though. 900NF or VM pro451

Comment

Novdid.

the 452 is shadow mask, while the 452Pro is Aperture Grille.

I've checked out the site already, and have read all the reviews....just wanted to hear what people who have the monitors have to say.

thanks again.
        Last edited by Mad Bunion; 15 July 2001, 00:08.

Comment

The tube can't deliver the same resolutions the diamondtron can
          To clarify this, it's not the crt that's the limiting factor here, but the electronics that drive it. Technically speaking even a small 14" crt can display super high resolutions that the big boys can, just not natively supporting it.

Sony developed the Trinitron CRT which many years later Mitsubishi licensed this technology from them and are the only company to have done so.
          Diamondtron CRT's were designed to be a beefed up version of the Trinitron, where they have a greater MTBF and are much more rugged than the Sony's.

I use to have a Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 450 17" myself and can attest to it's fantastic image quality (Diamondtron crt). But today, the difference between aperature grill and shadow mask crt's is very little when comparing higher end models.

Bottem line you need to see them for yourself, preferably side by side at a resolution your going to use, connected to... of course a Matrox card for this 2D comparasion

If your not stuck on these specific monitors or a Diamondtron/Triniton type crt, I'd whole heartedly reccommend Cornerstone... goto http://www.bigmonitors.com/products/monitors/index.htm
          or http://www.monitorsdirect.com

I have a 3 year old Cornerstone 50/95, Joel has a c1025 21" and Jammrock is to recieve his p1460 19" on Tuesday (he hopes).

Check out this link also
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Grebe.

thaks a lot.

I'm almost ashamed to say this, but actually went through the Cornerstone site a few months ago...just to use the comparison features, and not necessarily to compare with the Cornerstone monitors

.......damned "brand mentality"!

anyways, after reading that thread, I'll go through their monitors.

thanks again!

BTW, what's you take on the IIyama 452PRO and why didn't you get an Iiyama to replace you 17"?

Comment

Novdid: I didn't mean that...I was saying that all the Pro models are similar, 45xPro etc...and all non-Pro's are similar - 45x
              Meet Jasmine.

Comment

Novdid: I didn't mean that...I was saying that all the Pro models are similar, 45xPro etc...and all non-Pro's are similar - 45x
                Meet Jasmine.

Comment

I wonder if anyone else will make Trinitrons now that Sony's patent ran out a few months ago.
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Well I've had four replacement iiyama 451 now the last one although not 100% right I'm happy with.
                    If possible try and see the monitor you're buying in action otherwise it can be a bit of a lottery. If you get a bad one you can have a nice time sending units back.
                    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I am now using Samsung SyncMaster 900 NF, and I am really happy with it.

As everyone knows, this model uses SONY Trinitron, and there are two black lines. But, it is not irritating at all.

Unlike the conventional CRT, the color really stands out, and I am using it at 1600X1200@85Hz, and it is clear as it can be.

I am sure you will be happy with 900 NF.
                      OCP Certified Oracle 8i DBA.

Epox K8HA+ w/ AMD Athlon XP 1700+, 512 MB SamSung DDR 2100, 2 X IBM 40G 7200 rpm HD, Soundblaster Live! Audigy MP3+, Matrox Parhelia-512 128MB, Pioneer 16X DVD-ROM, Plextor 16X10X40 CD-RW, SamSung 900NF monitor, Lian-Li Aluminum PC Case.

Comment

That's easy... I bought a 21" Cornerstone 50/95 at a highly competitive price.
                        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                        X