Matrox Sucks-New VT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox Sucks-New VT

OK, I just installed the new drivers. All recording functions are gone and if I understand the situation, I have to go out and buy a third party application to make my RRG record now. What’s more all of the features that used to work under TV tuner do not work.

What a bunch of BS. Matrox releases a new set of "video tools" that is basically 18 megs of TV tuning software that has been stripped of all features.

At one time I called customer service and was eligible to return the RRG and was told that they were coming out with new drivers. Lies

It gets even better, My G400max is going down the same road,worthless because I just read at Matrox forums it will not be supported in WinXP. The unidriver that is installed with XP bites. I am dual booting the RC1 Version of XP and once again you cannot install Matrox Powerdesk even in compatibility mode.

Matrox used to be a quality company that now is nothing more than a crooked company. Lies Lies Lies

Their rebate program is a joke and I am stuck with junk product.

Matrox will never get any more of my future business. Oh yeah I am really going to run and buy a piece of crap 550...that most likely will have buggy drivers.

I don't know much about the video side, but where did Matrox say they weren't going to support the G400 in WinXP when it's released?

Also, it would be a fairly safe bet that the G550 will have rock solid drivers...just like the G4x0 series already has.

P.
    Meet Jasmine.
    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

At the Matrox Factory forum. I asked Haig if they were going to support WINXP G series cards and I got the same canned response as I got on the RRG. It is in thread regarding the Video Tools.

It will be a cold day in hell before I trust Matrox on new driver support.

Comment

Well, I'm off to find that thread, but Matrox cannot possibly comment on WinXP driver support at the moment, other than that they will support it once it hits retail channels.

They would give you a similar response if you asked about Win2k before its release as well.

P.
        Meet Jasmine.
        flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

I beleive he is referring to this thread:

where he stated:

IS Matrox going to support any of your products in WinXP?

to which I responded:

graphic cards - yes but as to which ones is still un-determined.

mjpeg cards - no

eTV - can't give you a definate answer just yet.

Once we get the XP column in our driver grid, you'll have a definate answer as to what graphic cards will have it along with a definate answer for the eTV.

Haig

Comment

G400 (single head, no capture) has drivers in XP beta 2. They seem to work OK but I've not done anything serious or exotic as beta 2 is pretty lame.

--wally.
            Last edited by wkulecz; 14 July 2001, 20:19.

Comment

Working...
            X