Upside down capture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upside down capture

I downloaded and tried the nead Ulead Video Stuido 5.0. Now when I capture. I am dropping frames and the captureis recorded
    upside down (MPEG). I uninstalled it and tried 4.0 again. This wors unless I use Ulead video Wizard. That too drops frames and again the video is upside down. Played around and noticed the upside down video happens when YUY2 is chosen (default - no mpeg). So I believe this may have something to do with it. But why in Video Studio capturing MPEG? and what can I do to resolve this? Anyone ever have this problem?

Thanks
    =DANO=

Upside down video playback or capture usually means there is some "confusion" as to the byte order/packing in the YUV codecs.

If you search the Microsoft Knowledge base for upside down video you should find some potential solutions. I've only seen this problem with some of the early Marvel beta drivers downloaded for w9x (I had an intermittently defective G200 Marvel that was fixed by RMA, but before that, Matrox tech support had me waste a ton of time permuting the combitions of their buggy drivers).

--wally.

Comment

Unforunately, there isn't any help there.
      =DANO=

Comment

I've not used Video Studio much but I think there is a capture options under the global settings menu that offers four choices
        WDM-MPEG, WDM-AVI, VfW-MPEG, & VfW-AVI. You probably need to set it to VfW-AVI.

The knowledge base article I ran across (sorry I don't have the Q number) was specifically addressing Ulead software and upside down video playback with YUV of a codec that used a varient of YUV as an intermediate.

Check the windows win.ini and system.ini files and multimedia control panel and list all the codecs you have installed, perhaps someone here will recognize the conflicting pair.

--wally.

Comment

Working...
        X