Just bought me an AXIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought me an AXIA

Just got home with it. It's a 1200C AXIA Y week 14 factory unlocked, can't wait to see what this puppy can do
    "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Got it running, so far so good
    In-socket thermistor reports 50C at 1200 MHz under heavy load (UT + Genome).
    Time to fire it up

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

1500 shouldn´t be to far off.

Me myself got my AXIA 1333 to 1540 MHz.

Comment

Running at 1333 now, 1.6 volts. It passed my stability test by running Genome all night and is now 52C.
        I can't get a post at anything higher than 1333, but I might be able to with higher voltage, this would require more cooling too I think, so it'll have to wait.

Comment

Tomorrow I'l reciew my TB 1.33GH!

And then I will know if it's an AXIA or not, and if the bridges are cut or not!

The curiosity is driving me cat!
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Well, well.

I sat down today and thought I would try to press my dear AXIA a little bit more.

The results are:

11 x 142, 1563 MHz 1,85 v

It did post at 1595 (11 x 145) and 1600 (12 x 133) but it was barely making it to desktop.

My MB seems unable to handle bus speeds over 142, I have tried to set the memory to cas3 but I can't up the bus without the computer becoming highly unstable.

I have a A7V133, Alpha PEP66 + Delta 6800rpm, and Mosel Vitelic PC133 cas2 RAM.

I can say I am quite pleased with the results.

Comment

Originally posted by CHHAS
              Got it running, so far so good
              In-socket thermistor reports 50C at 1200 MHz under heavy load (UT + Genome).
              Time to fire it up
              You should check your cooling. 50°C at default-voltage seems a bit high to me - not that much room here for upping the voltage.
              My Duron runs at about 54° with constant 100% CPU usage at 1.85 V, and I consider this as a bit hot - at ~60°C the machine starts becoming a bit unstable...
              But we named the *dog* Indiana...
              My System
              2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
              German ATI-forum

Comment

I'm using a FOP-32, lapped with Arctic Silver 2.
                I have an 80 mm intake.
                Case temp is 33C with 25C ambient.
                My Duron 650@866 was running 44C with the same setup.
                Last edited by CHHAS; 15 July 2001, 23:40.

Comment

OK, so your cooling should be good. Is the TBird really that hotter than the Duron?
                  Any experiences from others that've upgraded from a Duron to a TBird? And what max. temperature is safe to run a TBird at?
                  But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                  My System
                  2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                  German ATI-forum

Comment

After raising the voltages (both processor core, to 1.85, and memory, 1.28), I was able to get my T-Bird to 1.6. It will boot into Windows, and I'm able to actually run one or two passes of the UT flyby opening demo scene, but then it usually locks up. I've returned the voltages to normal and clocked back to 1.5 for the time being. Seems most likely that my memory can't handle the 160Mhz bus speed, since the processor is only approaching 49 degrees C at that overclock. I may pop for one of the new PC2400 DDR dimms once I get all my moving-in bills paid for so I have the cash, and try it again just to see.

If I knew someone that could perform the multiplier mod on this motherboard, I could probably get 1.6 with the PC2100 (lower bus speed, higher multiplier), but since I'm limited to using the bus settings for now..

BTW- At 1500, the processor runs somewhere between 37 and 45 degrees Celsius (it stayed below 42 at my last house, under full load, but I guess the air flowing to my case in its location in my new house isn't as cool, since it now tends to run at about 2-3 degrees warmer on average).
                    "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
                    Gainward Ti4600
                    AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Nice overclock there Ace, what CPU cooler are you using?

Indiana the large L2 cache on athlons does produce a fair chunk of heat, the extra heat produced from the extra 192k of L2 cache is roughly proprtional to the chips size increase
                      (~20% or so larger chip for an athlon...yes It is a guess at the size difference )

duron 750@980=140*7 (1.85volts) 384mbyte cas2 epox 8kta3+
                      runs 37-44 C at full load using an "enhanced" agilent arcticooler

Comment

My heatsink is the Swiftech MC370-0A. I originally wanted the MC462, but couldn't find them available anywhere when I was buying parts for my new PC.
                        "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
                        Gainward Ti4600
                        AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Being a Non-AMD type guy for the moment I can only say that it is a revision of the core (A very successful one for overclocking)
                          AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
                          AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
                          Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
                          Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

Maggi - Like the different core steppings Intel applies to their Celerons (last one is cC0) & Pentiums (last one is cD0), there is also a certain nomenclature with the different core steppings of AMD`s Thunderbirds.

It`s said, that one of the best steppings for overclocking at the moment is the Thunderbird in the "AXIA" stepping. They usually run up to 1,5 to 1,6 GHz.

Hope that helps

MK
                            <font size="1">
                            Celeron II 700 @ 1,1 GHz
                            ASUS CUSL2-C, Bios 1009 final
                            Alpha 6035MFC, 60 -> 80mm adapter
                            2 x 80mm Papst Cooler 19/12dB
                            256 MB PC133 Crucial 7E (CAS2)
                            Maxtor Diamond MAX VL40
                            ATI Radeon 8500 64MB @ Catalyst 3.0
                            Hauppauge WinTV TV-Card
                            Iiyama Vision Master Pro 400