RT2000 major setup glitch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RT2000 major setup glitch!

I have installed the Rt2000 and G400 cards and I am stuck at page 49 step 11 in the manual - the point where they ask you to insert the Matrox RT2000 CD and run mvtsetup.exe. I can't get the mvtsetup.exe program to install, no matter what I try. I even copied the contents of the CD onto my hard drive and tried running the program from there. Basically I get the initial screen of the setup program, and then it says, "Reading setup information. Please wait". Then nothing else happens. Has this happened to anyone else? Also, I notice that the breakou box cable which connects to the video card is missing some pins. Is this normal? Please help!!

What do you mean by missing pins???

The bob connects to the RT2000 and to the second video output of the G400 Flex 3D.
    if your unable to connect them according to the manual then there's a problem and you should consult with Matrox tech support.

Regards,
    Elie

Comment

Hi there,

If I'm guessing correctly, I don't think the 'missing pins' are a problem. If you ever look at a monitor cable (which this in essence, seems to be), you'll notice that usually there look to be pins that are missing from the visible setup. Like, you can see that there should be pins in a certain order and amount, but there are some that are not there. This is normal, they are just pins that aren't used by your monitor for whatever reason.

I have a feeling it's much the same for the connector on the G400. When you connect your BOB, there are certain pins that aren't necessary, so they aren't even on the cable. Now, I have seen cables that have broken pins, certainly, and that can be a problem, but I'm guessing that's not the case here.

If somebody could check the BOB that comes with their RT2000, that would probably be helpful.

As to the CD problem, I honestly have no idea. If you have a second CD drive (burner, or DVD or something), I'd say try the disc in there. Otherwise, you might have a bad disc, as I've had that problem from time to time. You'll probably have to contact Matrox to get a new one. If that doesn't work, see if you can't get that software off their web site and just install it from the downloaded file.

Matt

Comment

sometimes when setup sticks at that point, you have to do alt-ctrl-del and close the file called _isdel (or something close to that) and setup will start going again

Comment

Working...
        X