Okay how do you edit your profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay how do you edit your profile

Well I still can't do this so what am I missing.

Smilies have now resumed working but the profile still no go.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

What have you been trying to do until this time, TP?

Lead us through it
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Lets try this again (Famous BT internet slow down screws up login attempt).
      When the forums reopened for the first two days I could post both at work and at home smilies worked everything seemed okay.
      Suddenly at work I couldn't log in however I showed up in the list of people that were logged in. The forums showed that I couldn't post or do anything this was true. At the same time I noticed that my old sig was well old.
      Logging on at home worked I could post edit but the smilies didn't work and editing my profile after loggin on via cps just got the retort that a user already exsists with that email address. I know it's me
      The smilies now work but the profile change doesn't so i can't change me sig.
      I've got a theory why I can't login at work and I'll confirm this next week when sys man comes back of holiday. It won't be fixed as it's nothing to do with work. Ant thinks it's to do with cookies however if we blocked cookies at work students and staff would give us loads of grief over similar problems and it hasn't happened yet.
      So I'll see what next weeks brings but I'm still stuck with the prob about my sig which I've turned off for now but I'd like to change it.
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

editing my profile after loggin on via cps just got the retort that a user already exsists with that email address. I know it's me
        This you usually use to register, so for some reason you(r browser) pressed the register button, is my guess

Otherwise? Total confusion over here. Cookies might be the answer, a firewall could be the other. Are you using a firewall at home? (ZA for instance?)

Look, I can't delete any of my own threads in some forums, and that could be cookies as well. Yet no matter how many times that I kill all cookies (and cookiegirls), reboot and login again with cookies enabled, I won't be able to delete the thread. Expect at least some of my threads to have dots (.)

Maybe it's got something to do with connections/ISPs.

Jord.
        Jordâ„¢

Comment

I've just noticed that my signature has switched itself back on??

I've disabled the firewall at home cleared all the cookies and old pages and still can't edit my profile. On BTinternet everything is fine apart from the profile. At work there hasn't been any changes to the firewall unless they forget to tell the helpdesk and the person who does look after the firewall isn't a wally and tells us of every change and report back if theres any probs. Since I register all the machines onto the University network I'd also get grumblings from disgruntled users and I haven't had any compliants during the last two weeks.
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Smilies now gone now there back what the ???
            Signature now gone again I give up.
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Could you try to register with another name? Just to check if it isn't your current profile that's hmmed up.
              Jordâ„¢

Comment

Whippee I can now post at work again. I was right about the IP addressing getting in the way. That only leaves my profile to sort out.
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                X