Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Via problems!

Hi all,

I've just installed win98se on an A7V with a 1Gig CPU, and now I'm trying to install the via 4in1 to get the ide controller working, but I'm not getting anywhere! I run the setup.exe and it tells me there's a 'Registry Error! Reboot Computer!'. It then removes the (non working) IDE entry in device manager, then when I reboot, it re-installs the windows via driver (which doesn't work). Trying to run the 4in1 setup again gives the same result.

I've tried force installing the via drivers (updating driver in device manager, browsing to the infs in the 4in1s) but still can't get anywhere.

Any ideas?

check with a different cpu. Could be a CPU error (cracked core?) or mem error most likely

Comment

Don't worry! Cured it!

I had an odd old CDROM drive on the primary master controller and removing that enabled me to run the setup.

Comment

Makes perfect sense to me... an od old CDRom drive and you get registry errors sounds like windoze allright !
        Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
        incentivize transparent paradigms

Comment

It does make perfect sense!

Latest Via chipset IDE controllers seems to be crazy about having a HDD conected...
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Latest Via chipset IDE controllers seems to be crazy about having a HDD conected...
            Do you mean latest 4in1 ?
            ...having a HDD conected...
            Primary Master/Slave, Secondary Master/Slave???

Fred H
            It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
            ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
            X