New W2K VTs for Marvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New W2K VTs for Marvel

Matrox have just posted new display drivers and videotools for Win2000 on the G200 and G400 Marvel.

I'm currently downloading them to get hold of the readme to see what's new. The VT's (version 2.04.015) need the new display drivers (version 5.39.019).

Go to the Matrox Support download site to get them.

Chris
    (T_I)

I was just going to post this, but Chris beat me to it...

I'll give them a quick whirl soon, but my new WinTV showed up yesterday, so I don't know if I care.

John

Comment

let us know how they work

if you have avi_io, let me know how well it works with that program.

Comment

Unfortunately the downloaded .exe is an installer, not an extractor and I'm not running W2K here. So I couldn't get to any release notes that might have been included (or not).

So I used a little bit of webmastering to get the following answer :

Marvel G400 has YUY2 and RGB capabilities under 3rd party capture apps
        Marvel G200 and RRG have RGB capabilities under 3rd party capture apps
        PC-VCR is ONLY a tv viewer on all G-series mjpg cards

Hope this makes for some happy faces..

Comment

i think the lack of recording support in PC-VCR is about the least missed part of the removed tools support.

i think i tried using PCvcr once and immediately switched to a third party app for recording.

Comment

I have just tried the new VT, the recording and snapshot features do completely gone in the PC-VCR interface. The other seems the same as the leaked one. Now PC-VCR becomes a purely (input video) viewing tool.....(so it called VT? )

The RRicm codec is still there as it's not uninstalled together with VT 2.02e. I am not able to capture with this codec but I don't know if we can still access M-JPEG avi files with it.

Finally, TV channel previewing no longer exists with my Marvel G400TV ....no such button on PC-VCR anymore.

Comment

After 15 months that's the incredible end!
              Asus A7M266-D
              AMD Dual Athlon XP1800+
              DDR PC2100 512(2 x 256) MB
              Ge Force 2 MX400 - 64 MB
              OHCI 1394 controller
              Panasonic NV-DS15 Pal (DV in enabled)
              HD IBM 60 GXP 7200 rpm 60 GB (system)
              HD WD Caviar 7200 rpm 60 GB

Adobe Premiere 6.01
              Windows XP Pro

Comment

Well, personally I will feel better if Matrox includes Bitmap snapshot in PC-VCR, at least I can have screenshots from game console.

OK, I've tried to remove the new VT completely (uninstall, remove files and registries), and install again. "Matrox ICM Driver" appears and in the properties window it shows "Matrox MJPEG Codec Version 02.04.15". Seems that the MJPEG is still functional, but not for capture.

Comment

NO CAPTURE ?

SO what we understand is that we can no lnger use the G200 for capture ??? I can't even open my old mjpg captured files !!! Pls verify..

dizzynoodle
                  Asus P2B @ 100Mhz
                  PIII 800 / 133Mhz running @100MHZ = 600MHZ!!! VIA Asus Slotkey
                  SimpleTECH 128MB X 3/ 100Mhz
                  IBM 9.GB Ultrawide Scsi LVD
                  IBM 18gb secondary drive @ 7200
                  Maxtor 37GB storage drive @ 5400
                  Marvel G200 TV
                  Microtek E6 scanner via scsi card {adaptec 1502}
                  HP CD12ri CDRW 12X10X32 BurnProof!
                  Creative Infra48 CD ROM
                  Creative AWE64 Gold [ISA]
                  Realtek Chip NIC 10/100
                  21' Samsung Syncmaster 1000p
                  Firewire card
                  Mini USB hub
                  8 port Compex 10/100 hub
                  Sandisk Reader - USB
                  Cordless Logitec Mouse
                  Iomega Zip100 [the old ugly one!]
                  HP 1220 C - A3 printer

Comment

Re: NO CAPTURE ?

Originally posted by dizzynoodle
                    SO what we understand is that we can no lnger use the G200 for capture ??? I can't even open my old mjpg captured files !!! Pls verify..

dizzynoodle
                    According to Matrox, Marvel G200 users can only capture with 3rd party programs, in RGB uncompressed format. You may apply software codecs to reduce file size but you will need a fast processor to handle it.

You can't open old MJPEG files? Hmm....so what "Matrox ICM Driver" does?
                    Last edited by Howard C. Lu; 13 July 2001, 07:07.

Comment

Hello,

I just wanted to pass this along. If you have the need to playback Matrox MJPEG files, check out PIC MJPEG:
                      Accusoft is a software development company specializing in content processing, conversion, and automation. We enable users to solve content challenges.

I've succesfully played back Matrox MJPEG encoded files with this codec. It does cost $18, but you can use the demo to see if it works for you. The item you should be aware of is that this codec does not use the Zoran chip. You need a good machine for good playback.

PIC MJPEG also works extremely well for YUY2 capturing. I've done several projects with it. Setting the Quality to 20, it is nearly lossless (negligible loss). Created VCDs/SVCDs turn out with great quality. The only drawback, you need a good machine for capture. From experience, full-frame captures get about 8-10MB/s bitrate.

Comment

I'm at work and won't be utilizing these til tomorrow.

What's the deal with the "No Rec" button? You can't use these VTs to do any captures at all? What's the point?

Please, somebody post some reviews...

Comment

The VT's were never a very good capture utility given their poor frame rate control, which was almost guaranteed to cause MSPro or VideoStudio's smartrender feature to fail. Also absent was support for segmented files and enforced audio synch when video frames are dropped.

Because of these issues anyone who is even half way serious should be using AVI_IO or VirtualDUB, and VirtualDUB is second on the list because of the absence of enforced audio synch.

Dr. Mordrid
                          Dr. Mordrid
                          ----------------------------
                          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Old files ?

So DOC, how do i at least play my old MJPEG files ? I used to use VT to capture on my G200 coz it was an easy way to transfer to VHS [back then didn't realize much better !!!] Are all these files dead now [on Win2k] ?

dizzynoodle
                            Asus P2B @ 100Mhz
                            PIII 800 / 133Mhz running @100MHZ = 600MHZ!!! VIA Asus Slotkey
                            SimpleTECH 128MB X 3/ 100Mhz
                            IBM 9.GB Ultrawide Scsi LVD
                            IBM 18gb secondary drive @ 7200
                            Maxtor 37GB storage drive @ 5400
                            Marvel G200 TV
                            Microtek E6 scanner via scsi card {adaptec 1502}
                            HP CD12ri CDRW 12X10X32 BurnProof!
                            Creative Infra48 CD ROM
                            Creative AWE64 Gold [ISA]
                            Realtek Chip NIC 10/100
                            21' Samsung Syncmaster 1000p
                            Firewire card
                            Mini USB hub
                            8 port Compex 10/100 hub
                            Sandisk Reader - USB
                            Cordless Logitec Mouse
                            Iomega Zip100 [the old ugly one!]
                            HP 1220 C - A3 printer

Comment

dont know if anyone knows this or not, but just in case i'll post it.

if you want to have hw mjpeg capping in win2k with the new drivers, Haig told me a while ago just to copy the rricm.dll from the leaked drivers and replace the new one with it. i did it and it works great for me. more stable than in the leaked and beta drivers actually.
                              --
                              TJ

Comment

Working...
                              X