Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (not related to matrox) names, founded or common, national habbits... sigh

Hi Folks,

Sigh - just comming back from "our" regular pub meeting - hicks.... sigh - big sigh....

Coming back from a 1 year stutend exchange from america one girl of our group told me that my (MY)
    username is a common (well not so common, but still regulary used) name for girls there....
    ARFGHRHASJKG - Hate - Flame - sigh - sniff, cry out loud...
    That really is not true, isn't it??????????

in 1988 I have bought my first modem and used Mithrandir as a pseudonym for me - but in time
    (1991) I decided that this was just a common
    Username - and so changed it... changed it to SHAnDRA... a name i thought I invented for one of my (never published outside a closed mailbox forum) "novels" (well extended short storys)....
    It was a name for a "fantasy" species, a form of
    shamanic dragon, a Shadow Dragon (SHAdow (a)n(d) DRAgon), a creature living in the dreamlands that hatches its eggs in the real world.... and if by
    circumstances a hatchling meets a symbiont (ie lifeform wich could think) before it fades over into his world.... it could manifest its power through that being... (a bit inspired by the "dark brother" (haven't read the last volumes of it by that time) of Skar in Hohlbeins world of Enwor)
    I thought that this was a name that could be unique.... even if later there was this NASA project named after some guru named Chandra... but it wasn't the right spelling and still I believed that name could have been unique.... But NOW there
    is this friend of mine and she's telling me it is
    a common name.... And even a girls name... man am I male or what? (well not in a machos point of view but still....) Argh - can't stand it... who can i sue? Or is she just meddling with me - is she right?

A somewhat depressed
    SHAnDRA

Yup, it's true............

Change it to Shandragon

Paul
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Heh Heh.

Hey Shandra.

You sound pretty cute.... where you from...

oh wait... I just saw that you were a guy.... jk

Do as Paul says and change it to shandragon... or even shandragoth.

Its cool of how you thought it up though...
      AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
      AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
      Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
      Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

Now, if no-one told you that before, and no-one here read it, I would stick with the nick you have

If you are looking for a female companion on here, then you should change the nick, maybe.
        If you are not looking for female companionship on here, then what the heck?

Besides, it looks like an Indian name to me (from a person from India, not the native Americans)

Don't ask us, ask yourself, I would say

Jord.
        Last edited by Jorden; 11 July 2001, 17:23.
        Jordâ„¢

Comment

Who on earth would look for female companionship on the MUR.............. OOPS nevermind (Just kidding Jord. I just found out ya know)

I dated a chick named Shandra in high school. No real reason to throw this in, but when else will it apply?

Keep the nick, nobody cares what you are called. Look at me, I'm "Kindness!" for crying out loud! (In case you are wondering Kindness comes from my UT character. When you kill someone their screen reads out "You were killed by ________" I thought it was cool for it to read "You were killed by Kindness". It stuck, and here I am. )

Just put some really cool (Masculine) avatar out there and it will be fine.

/me drinking too many Cokes and getting chatty due to caffine.
          Last edited by Pneumatic; 11 July 2001, 19:09.

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Comment

Originally posted by Kindness!
            /me drinking too many Cokes and getting chatty due to caffine.
            Yeah, well you'll need the extra energy for the couple minutes we'll get to play UT tonight!
            "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
            Gainward Ti4600
            AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Working...
            X