Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extremely angry at my Marvel G400-TV! Can't get it to work right...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extremely angry at my Marvel G400-TV! Can't get it to work right...

Hi,

I just recieved my video capture card in the mail... and along with that statement, I'll "crack" and tell you all I'm a newbie in the field--but a highly educated one. In fact, it's my education in codecs and compression that is making me feel pretty limited by the software it came with! Maybe I just haven't explored it enough, but how much in Avid Cinema is there to be found?

My questions:

ONE: How on God's Green Earth do I record in a resolution higher than 80x60? This is a problem that bothers me to a massive extent. It even happens in direct streaming TV->PC RealVideo.

TWO: Audio in the videos never works. Matrox assumes in the installation manual that I have a sound card with a plug for "line in" and "line out"--I don't. I have a Dell XPS-R with a built-in card that links directly to the sub-woofer. The "audio in" and "audio out" cables that come with the G400 don't reach that far, and trust me--they're never going to. I have access to my PC's sound only when I replug it in. This *also* angers me to a great extent.

Even so, the sound never comes into the video--even when a attempt to hook it up right according to the instructions. I do have vague "out" and "in" plugs on the back of my PC, but according to the Matrox intructions, those plugs are backwards!

THREE: How do I actually create a RPG-avi or an MJPG-avi using Avid Cinema, or is it even possible? Every time I attempt to create an AVI in Avid Cinema it produces some file with a AVI extention that absolutely nothing can open! This is a *major* problem...

FOUR: Lastly, how do I compress that AVI ,that--hopefully--I will someday learn how to create, using different codecs? I don't see the option to do this anywhere in Avid Cinema or any of the other software the Marvel G400-TV came with...

I would really appreciate any help with this--my sanity is counting on all of you. I just spent wads of cash on stuff to create high-quality video files, and now I hit all these problems...

Down with Quicktime (that Avid uses)!

Thanks much!

Kalor
    Thanks,

Kalor
Working...
X