should I be worried?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should I be worried?

had 2 black screens today, pc was still running, but monitor shut itself to standby - mode...
    cold reboot helped, soft not.

some seconds after 2nd blackscreen (and reboot) the picture started flashing red....

created a matrox emergency disk, just for the case.

mfg
    wulfman
    Last edited by Wulfman; 11 July 2001, 14:27.
    "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
    "Lobsters?"
    "Really? I didn't know they did that."
    "Oh yes, red means help!"

I'm Death, and you are?

Wulfman, you always should be worried

But did you take a look in your BIOS settings for switching off your monitor yet? (APM, ACPI Anyting A )

Otherwise, check your windows power off options of your monitor.
    What did you install lately that might turn off your monitor after that amount of time?

A monitor going dead is not going dead by black screens, AFAIK. It must be something with your power, or power-safe options.

Jord.
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

We just had a monitor go dead at work.. happened just the same way. I unplugged and replugged it in and it reset and worked again at first but kept switching off.. maybe it isnt dead but it sure isnt happy. Now using an ancient (1987 vintage) 13" Sony that won't go over 640x480 in there for the time being.. that monitor seems to still work just fine.

Good excuse to upgrade a no name 14" pos monitor though.

Comment

I'm dead....

my monitor will switch itself off after 30minutes without user activity.... works great - but this time it switched off while I was typing/surfing...

will watch it (quite easy to do that )

if it really dies I hope it does that before 1st august - 3year warranty runs out then.

mfg
        wulfman
        "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
        "Lobsters?"
        "Really? I didn't know they did that."
        "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Working...
        X