Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows ME

Hello all,
    I've been reading this forum for a while in prepeation for purchasing a Matrox video capture card for video archiving, basic editing, tv capturing. I was all set on the g400 tv but with no w2k support I set my sites on the 450 etv.
    I will be running w2k or XP in the future or a dual boot system with w9x.

I am going to be purchasing a new computer to run the etv on.
    One option that I'm looking at is a Dell Dimension 4100, p3 1k.
    It runs the Intel 815 chipset. But, it comes with Win ME. I havn't heard anything good about win ME on this forum but was wondering if anybody is using it in combination with the etv card and what their experience has been? Also, anybody have an opinion on the Dell 4100/Intel 815 chipset as an option for the etv?

I installed ME for about a weeks worth of testing on one system. In that time I used the G400-TV and the eTV.

Both devices seemed to work fine, but ME itself drove me NUTS. Its disk performance under FAT32 was slower and most of the time it felt like it was stuck in the mud.

Not to mention that driver support is weak because everyone knows it's an interim product with a short lifespan. It also breaks a lot of 98SE drivers that you would expect to work. Yecch....

IMHO Microcrap needed some $$ to pay their legal bills and ME was the solution.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
    X