Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Rainbow Runner-G's in US Multisystem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Rainbow Runner-G's in US Multisystem?

Or, better, do RR-G's sold in the US support PAL as the RF input? I asked this because I need to record some PAL material not too far from now...

Sorry for being too stupid to ask this?
    (Ignore this babble if you don't know Detective Conan.)

I think I'd call all tri-headed cards "Hirokians", since... Hiroki Sawada definitively Tri-head!

So we have...
    Matrox Parhelia <em>Hirokia</em> and
    Matrox Millenium P750 <em>Hirokia</em>!

(But when can I REALLY have either of them? That's the question...)

RR-G's and Marvels of all flavours will accept either composite or S-video inputs of either PAL or NTSC origin, and can be persuaded to output in either standard also.

The difference between PAL and NTSC units is in the tuner section, these are completely different and non-interchangeable. Not a problem unless you have to capture from the on-board tuner.

Cheers
    Chris
    (T_I)

Comment

Originally posted by This_Idiot
      The difference between PAL and NTSC units is in the tuner section, these are completely different and non-interchangeable. Not a problem unless you have to capture from the on-board tuner.

Cheers
      Chris
      (T_I)
      What I want to ask is about the on-board tuner, since I connect the VCR, which is multisystem thru the RF (I know it isn't a very good practice ), and there are some PAL tape got to me...

You may tell me to use the composite, but please answer the tuner problem also.
      (Ignore this babble if you don't know Detective Conan.)

I think I'd call all tri-headed cards "Hirokians", since... Hiroki Sawada definitively Tri-head!

So we have...
      Matrox Parhelia <em>Hirokia</em> and
      Matrox Millenium P750 <em>Hirokia</em>!

(But when can I REALLY have either of them? That's the question...)

Comment

Like I said, the tuner units are specific to their region of purchase. So a G-RR purchased in North America will only be able to receive a signal across the available band in North America and a G-RR purchased in the UK will only be able to receive a UK signal. I'm not a TV engineer, but I think that it's the frequencies that are the problem rather than the capture standard (PAL or NTSC).

Most VCRs have composite out, and this is what you should be connecting to the G-RR rather than the RF. The consideration then will be whether your VCR is multi-standard or not. Nearly every PAL VCR here in the UK is capable of playing back NTSC tapes (although not recording in NTSC), but I understand that the converse is not true in North America.

Brian can probably give us a definitive answer to the tuner side of things, Doc can probably confirm that North American VCRs can't (or can) play back PAL cassettes

Chris
        (T_I)

Comment

Working...
        X