Ulead MSP 6 and the Marvel G400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ulead MSP 6 and the Marvel G400

I am so tired of asking this question every time that I try a new program. Not as tired as Doc is probably of answering it though. I went ahead and downloaded v6.0 (FCN) to check it out. I have v5.0 on order from e-bay and wanted to compare, especially since I am getting tired of waiting for it. Anyway I had downloaded the Trial ver of 5.0 and if you open the scrub window, it keeps the codec open and you can see each frame as you advance and the playback is very smooth in the TV out from all of the parts of the program (timeline, scrub, preview). I was very impressed. Well I have the same problem now with 6.0, regardless of what I have in the source window. If I try to frame advance, I lose video (black) on both the tv and PC window. I tried all kinds of changes to the Ulead32.dll file, but with no success. Is this because of it being a "ripped" version or is it in the new program. I think that I just missed something, but who knows. It's not that big of a deal, I'll just use v5.0, but the upgrade to v6.0 is dirt cheap for all of the added features. Besides this it is sweet.
    WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Hi Sciascia!

Yep! I have the same problem but it only involves with my captured clips from my Marvel G200. But when I use other clips like mpeg and others, it works great. Is it a bug or is it just an adjustment???

/Mr. Smultronsvin

Comment

permiere does the same thing.
      it plays fine on TV. but when scrubbing for next frame, or applying effect, It updates the preview window in the PC, but directly overwrite it with the old Pic (the same as on TV)
      The only thing I do then : select the source window for preview, holding the pic on TV from the source, and then, scrub the destination , and it doesn't update the pic directly...
      Any idea for Mediastudio ?
      Fauc

Comment

Nope! But one thing is very strange. I have both MSP 5.2 and MSP 6.0 installed on my computer. And the 5.2 works fine. So the problem appears on 6.0 (for me). Never happened to me before. STRANGE!? Could it be the Matrox drivers??? I use 1.52 on vidtools...
        /Mr. Smultronsvin

Comment

I know that there are several changes that can be made to the Ulead32.ini, that may or may not help. Like "keep open last frame" or "recompress during scrub" or "stop pissing me off". I am curious as to what other people's Ulead.ini file looks like and if in fact others have the same problem. I would think that something could be done to keep the codec open and enable it to work atleast as well with the Marvel G400 as v5.0 does. I would like to find out if the Doc has the same problem with his G400. If not, possibly what the Video editor part of his .ini looks like. Mainly the "Hardware and Playback" portions.
          WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

Hi there,

this setup works quite well for me (RRS):

A.
            [HardwareACC]
            HwCodecID=dmb1
            DisableAcc1=0
            RecompressWhenScrubbing=1
            AlwaysKeepLastFrame=1
            DirectAccessDVAudio=1
            NotSaveOpenDML=1

[Playback]
            PlayDll7=U32mpb.dll
            PlayDll8=U32mpbm.dll
            PlayDll9=Upbplug2.dll
            RenderAudio=1

Note that I removed the Matrox ICutlist.dll reference:

"PlayDll1=C:\PROGRA~1\MATROX~1\RAINBO~1\ICutlist.d ll"

B.
            Make sure framesize in the project settings is set to a value supported by hardware i.e. 704x576

C.

Uncheck QuickPlay in preview window settings

Note:
            Open codec by scrubbing the empty timeline before opening a large projectfile.

This solution isn't perfect yet, the codec-open-delay is still there when using the source window (scratch pad).

Ideas on that?

Varity

Comment

I install msp 6 (FCN) on a windows 95(osr2) macine and everything works fine.
              But when I installed on 98 SE, I get the message please install the windows 98 SE DV update, which I don't have.
              So now onlt the video paint works, but video edit and most of the other functions don't work!!. Anyone heard about the "windows 98 SE DV update"?

Comment

Marshmallowman

Apparently that was ripped. I have it installed on a win98 machine and all of the apps installed and work relatively well. I am not sure if I had the DV codec before the install or not, but it looks like it is on my machine. HAve not attempted to use it for I am still researching the DV cam scene. I guess that this isn't much help, just thought that I would let you know. It might be part of one of the win98 update? Iam pretty bad about updating, so if you don't already have it from them, I don't think that I got it from them.

Comment

Hi!

Anything new?! Still the same problem... I tried playing with the ulead32.ini file but nothing. It must have something to do with the Matrox-drivers cause for me it only happens when I use captured clips from my Marvel. Others works fine.
                  /Mr. Smultronsvin

Comment

Damn , it does not work for me like I want ...
                    Foer the source window, I can't say to scrub without become black.
                    for the output window It 's ok , when it does not use the HW decoding, but when I play then scrub: same problem ...
                    I found no way to scrub the AVI's on Screen AND on TV using the Left-Right keys or the buttons ...

Anyone?
                    Fauc

Comment

Same thing here still. I've since got 5.2 installed on my machine for the time being. I've got a whole new set of problems with the video filters. I can use a couple of filters and then I get a "general error code=0" message. Occasionally VE will get an illegal page fault message usually in the VFT32.dll and the U32ZLIB.dll. Any ideas?

Comment

Hi,
                        now I've tried everything with my Marvel G400 and the VT 1.52 installed and reinstalled. Nobody can convince me, anymore, that the Matrox MJPEG codec is better then the Morgan codec. Never.
                        In all combinations (-Morgan substitute in dmb1 or -Morgan parallell MJPG with Matrox dmb1) the scrubbing in MSP6 is a dream with Morgan. Try and see

It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
                        ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Hi Sciascia,
                          Yes I tried ALL:
                          1-Matrox dmb1 alone (No Morgan, in the system.ini )
                          2-Morgan dmb1 alone (the Matrox is ;; marked out in the system.ini, and the FourCC is in dmb1 mode)
                          3-Matrox dmb1 parallell with Morgan "User FourCC":MJPG (not dmb1)
                          1-works well until MSP6 Timeline scrubbing. It's a pain, slow, green strips and screens, no right/left keyboard step in the Timeline etc. All together it's mainly a problem with the MSP6 using the Matrox dmb1.
                          2-It works fine, full screen, fast, shorter .avi files, and the scrubbing of the timeline in MSP6 is a dream, as I said before.
                          3-Matrox dmb1 is on but the project settings in the MSP6 is for Morgan MJPEG compression. It works just now, but there could be some side effects, I don't know, but it works for me.
                          The Matrox MJPEG caused other problems before, ie. encoding .avi files with the XingMPEG caused random B/W switches of the video.
                          I am confused, because the hardware MJPEG (Matrox) should be faster, but it doesn't
                          Note, that the main trouble for me is the MSP6 video editor. I tried a lot of things to change in the Ulead32.ini Sometimes it seems to work for a short time, but it returns quickly to the slowmotion timeline operatins. I also reinstalled the VT 1.52, nothing helps.
                          Maybe is it my fault, something I do wrong ?
                          Now I'll order a Morgan license (the trial is going out Apr 01 2000)

Comment

Hi again, sciascia,

It's a sheme, but I must change my mind over the Matrox dmb1.
                            I Sid I tried ALL with the Ulead32.ini, but I must acknowledge my mistake I didn't.
                            As I told you, my biggest problem was when scrubbing the timeline. All the time I accepted the advise from others, here at the forum to set the

[HardwareAcc]
                            RecompressWhenScrubbing=1

It doesn't work smoothly for me, but setting

RecompressWhenScrubbing=0

made me happy now

Maybe, disabling the DualHead the smoothnes will be better. I'll check it too.

[This message has been edited by Fred H (edited 13 March 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Fred H (edited 13 March 2000).]

Comment

I tried the whole Morgan thing a while back. I went back to the dumb1 codec for MSP5.2, now I am having other issues with that. Just one question before I go through the whole install of the Morgan again. Does it work with the TV output. I want to see the video full screen, for source and preview monitor. Also do you enable it for everything (enable dmb1 codec option) or use the alternate id naming?

Comment

Working...
                              X