What do I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I do?

I currently have a 1 Gig Tbird on an A7V, and have the opportunity to get rid of the chip and/or the board and get either a 1Gig AXIA ('K' or 'Y') Tbird or a 1Gig 266FSB Tbird, and for the board I can get an Abit KT7A (Non RAID) or a Gigabyte something or other (KT133 non A chipset) mainboard.

Now, do I keep the A7V and get an AXIA, or do I swap the CPU for an AXIA and get the Abit? I've heard a good few horror stories on the Abit...

And then - do I want an AXIA 'K' or an AXIA 'Y'?

Actually, I could buy a new mainboard - here's the most important things:

Stability
    Overclockability
    Has 4 holes around CPU for the HEAVY heatsinks incase I get one
    Speed
    5 USB ports (not too important)

So - fire away guys - do I got IWill, Abit, Asus, Gigabyte, <B>PCCHIPS???? </B> ?

Comment

Oh, and what about DDR? Do I want it? AARRGGHH! HELP!

Comment

('K' or 'Y')
        like Jelly?
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Only Greebe would think of KY Jelly when talking to Steve
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

(trying my best to ignore Greebe )

Spent the last couple of hours reading forums/reviews blah blah and I've pretty much narrowed it down to two mainboards:

Gigabyte 7DXR and the
            EpoX 8K7A

Both DDR boards.

whaddayatink then guys? Anyone here got either of these boards?

Comment

I still think you should go for the KY! (don't tell her I said that tho! hehe
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Choices and decisions, which to pick...

Sorry I'm just in one of those modes! hehe

Comment

I personally wouldn't go DDR, but it's your quid.

I just got an Asus A7V133 motherboard and it's really nice. Has lots of FSB speeds.

I think if 'twer me, I'd just get the AXIA and keep the current board.

amish
                  Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

Yeah I agree, go for the axia.

save your money until the "good" ddr boards come out

Comment

Well... I'm definitely selling my board, CPU and RAM, and I feel that I might be wasting my money buying yet more PC133 DIMMs which I won't be able to use in a newer machine down the line...

Just been looking at Dual PIII's too (http://www.scan.co.uk/today.htm has a gigabyte board with 2 1gig PIII's for £329+vat)

Oh I don't know what to do!!

Comment

Working...
                      X