Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if your downstairs neighbours are making lots of noise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if your downstairs neighbours are making lots of noise?

What if your downstairs neighbours are making lots of noise?

And this days on an end, playing music loud till late in the night (till 5am, then starting again at 12am), shouting, screaming out on their balcony, whilst asking them to quiet down isn't helping? Hell, if even calling the police isn't helping?

What are you options then? What would you do then?
    Jordâ„¢

Come on, I haven't been that bad, have I?

Seriously, if you're renting, explain to the owner that you'll be deducting monies from the rent if it doesn't stop
    jim
    System 1:
    AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
    Epox 8K7A
    2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
    an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
    SBLIVE 5.1
    Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
    IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
    Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
    3Com Hardware Modem
    Teac 20/10/40 burner
    Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

Seriously, I think I'll be kicked out of my flat then

If our housing corporation doesn't get whole of the rent, I get a bailiff at my door asking me for either my TV or my PC plus an extra 60 guilders (excluding tax) for his fee...

No thanks
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

What is good for the goose is good for the gander, I always say.

Get 'em back. If you want tips on how to make their lives a living hell, just ask.

Casey

Comment

They don't have avatars, Casey
          Jordâ„¢

Comment

Several years ago we lived in an apartment with downstairs neighbors that did the same thing. They would turn their stereo up just loud enough so that we could hear the bass beat and nothing else. This got quite annoying one night, so I turned all 4 of my gigantic speakers face down on the floor and turned it up to the max (500 watt stereo). About 20 seconds later there was a knock on my door. It was my down stairs neighbor asking if they were bothering us (at 12:30 at night). I said "uh........yeah" and we never heard their stereo again. We actually became close friends after I helped them replace the plaster on their ceiling

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Comment

Originally posted by Jorden
              They don't have avatars, Casey

I don't get it, what do avatars have to do with anything? Do avatars make your life a living hell? Am I missing something?

Casey

Comment

your country has a national militia right? Some countrymen have weopons in thier homes right? Like "assault weopons" as they are called here....
                I would make a veiled threat to persuade them to knock it off 8D

then slice halfway thru the valvestems on thier tires so the tire slowly deflates as they drive....they'll never know where it happened either

-Dil
                Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Nope Al, I don't live in Switzerland Last time I looked anyway

Casey, ....

About to rip out an old Radio 538 CD... my only problem is my speakers, I can't get them off the wall without a power-screwdriver...

I can use a lot of bass in them though... more than downstairs !!

Let's see who calls the cops first

Jord.

Can give you the outcome: the music downstairs went a lot of notches down, they waited 4 minutes, then tried turning it up again...
                  I was at 6 on the turn-knob, and can go to 10 without even my equalizer killing my speakers I turned to 8 for 10 minutes, and it's been quite silent from downstairs since that time. Old 1990's housemusic is good to kill everyone

Last edited by Jorden; 9 July 2001, 17:52.
                  Jordâ„¢

Comment

Thanks for the expalantion, Jordan....

Casey

------------------------------------
                    Drivin' that train...

Comment

Hey, I'm, Swiss!!!!

You just gave me an idea!
                      (inbetween, it's not an assault weapon, but an assault rifle
                      )

/Vlip loads it's SIG, goes on the Balcony and "carefully" shreds to pieces the truck who wakes him up each 7am when they warm the POS diesel motor.

And yes, full auto bursts are carefull IMHO

What! It's forbidden nowhere to dream aloud, ain't it?

Vlip

Comment

I like Turbo's idea with the bass shakers the best :P

Comment

You'll need one of these:

The inputs and outputs are divided into three two-channel groups (front LR, center/sub, rear LR). Each group can also be converted from two to one channel (bridged mono). In the multi-channel mode, the 3K6se is rated at 375 watts per channel into 8 ohms (550 watts into 4 ohms). The mono configuration is rated at 1000 watts into 8 ohms (1200 into 4 ohms).

There is no question the 3K6se is a power house, capable of sending your neighbors screaming into the streets thinking war has broken out on your block
                          System 1:
                          AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
                          Epox 8K7A
                          2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
                          an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
                          SBLIVE 5.1
                          Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
                          IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                          Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
                          3Com Hardware Modem
                          Teac 20/10/40 burner
                          Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

Others have already said it, but...

Step 1:
                            Figure out where their bedroom is.

Step 2:
                            Put your stereo speakers facedown on the floor directly above their bed. (It helps if you have 12" woofers...)

Step 3:
                            Wait until they quiet down (presumably they are sleeping).

Step 4:
                            Choose the most obnoxious music you own. New Metallica works well, as it is bass-heavy. But the 1812 Overture works just as well in this situation.

Step 5:
                            Turn your stereo up to just below the "popping the speakers point".

Step 6:
                            Insert earplugs.

Step 7:
                            Push play.

-----

Note - step 6 can be replaced with "leaving the apartment" if necessary. Just make sure to leave the music running the ENTIRE time they are asleep (or trying to sleep).

- Gurm
                            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                            If only life were as easy as you
                            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                            If only life were as easy as you
                            I would still get screwed

Comment

Turbo, you're a man after my own heart!

Jord, my previous downstairs neighbour played drums (it was in his lease that he could, which I about fell out when that fact came to light!!!

Take Kindness and turbo's advice!

I did the same, took my 12" home built tube sub (computer sub powered by a 400watt amp) placed it in the center of the living room floor (for maximum effect) and cranked it up! <evil grin>

The drums stopped immediately

He appologized, tho it did happen a few more times after that. Finally he came to his senses and stopped altogether (but I would let him know when it was OK todo so).

In the end we became very good friends

P.S. a little plaster repair was in order afterward (minor drawback)
                              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X