Premiere 6 timeline playback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premiere 6 timeline playback

Okay, I now have perfect smooth play back of full res (704x576) PicVideo MJPEG's from the timeline using MSP6.0 ;-)

Am I wasting my time trying to get Premiere to do the same. It's all jerky as hell.

Until there's an AviSynth export plugin for MSP I still prefer to use Premiere when not wanting to output to tape.

Any changes I should make to Premiere's .ini?

Thanks in advance.

given i edit with dv, but i've never had a problem with choppy playback from the timeline.

are you rendering the selection first?
    are your project settings set correctly for your project?

Comment

Yes I render first and settings are correct (e.g. same codec as source video, correct field order etc).

It makes no sense why MSP can play so well, bur Premiere is useless. What OS do you use Premiere with? I'm using 2K at the moment, so maybe I'll give 98SE a go...

Dr M - any input on this subject please ;-) ? Without your help I would have probably not got MSP working as well as it is now. Maybe you can do the same for Premiere?

Rob

Comment

i use win 2k

in premiere there is a setting to adjust the playback fps of things played in preview mode. perhaps you have this setting set to a less than perfect setting.

do you use ntfs or fat32?

Comment

It's recommended to uninstall Premiere 6.0, re-install & then apply the 6.01 update, earlier Premiere beta update patches can mess things up & cause stuttering playback.

Presuming that DMA is enabled on your hard drive.

John Price

Comment

Hippie91/John,

Currently using FAT32 on 2 x 30 gig IBM 75 GXP's (RAID 0) on FastTrack 100, disk speed is NOT an issue. Playback from MSP is perfect.

I'll see if I can find that preview setting, but playback is still poor when printing timeline to tape.

I'll try an uninstall and re-install with the 6.01 patch.

Will report back...

Rob.

Comment

if you can, i'd say try converting the drives to ntfs

it's better to do anyways b/c you don't have the file size limit

Comment

I will try NTFS, but I wanted to stick with FAT32 incase I *needed* to use Matrox MJPEG and had to use crappy old Win98.

I have ordered a PIII 850 for this system, so I will see if that helps, but TBH I'm not holding my breath...

Maybe MSP6.5 will have an AviSynth export plug-in and I can ditch Premiere once and for all!?

Comment

Working...
                X