Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know where I could find some capture samples from a WinTV Theater?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know where I could find some capture samples from a WinTV Theater?

or could someone who has this card makes some I may download? Thx
    Celeron II 566 @ 952 at 1.8v, Abit BE6 rev 1.01, 192 megs PC133, 20 gig WD UMDA-66, 6X Toshiba DVD-rom, Matrox G450 DDR 32 meg AGP, SBlive Value, HP 7200i CD-RW, etc etc on Win2k

The WinTV Theater has the same video-quality as the older WinTV PCI/Radio, it just has additional Dolby Surround sound.

For links to still shots of a 768x576 MJPEG capture with the WinTV you can look in your previous thread. A short (25sec) clip from this MJPEG capture, that was deinterlaced and converted to DivX;-) afterwards can be seen at http://www.indiana.claranet.de/capture.avi . But be aware that it's quite large (11MB).

Quality would be better if I had captured lossless to HuffYUV and then DivX compressed this, but my RAID would've been too small for this (2 hours HuffYUV full res PAL capture takes >>60GB).

If you want an example of an uncompressed capture I'm not sure I can help you, since those are HUGE.
    But we named the *dog* Indiana...
    My System
    2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
    German ATI-forum

Comment

Happy Birthday Indiana!
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

ok so how much uncompressed video acn I fit on lets say 15 gigs?
        Celeron II 566 @ 952 at 1.8v, Abit BE6 rev 1.01, 192 megs PC133, 20 gig WD UMDA-66, 6X Toshiba DVD-rom, Matrox G450 DDR 32 meg AGP, SBlive Value, HP 7200i CD-RW, etc etc on Win2k

Comment

With or without HuffYUV encoding?

Using 704x480 on a 15g drive: 22+ minutes with, 11+ minutes without.

You can capture quite high quality PICVideo MJPeg with that card at up to 5 mb/s and get about 50 minutes of video on that drive.

Now you know why a lot of folks use those big drives Maxtor is making. The latest holds 100 gigs.

Putting it bluntly: 15 gig drives might work for booting but are not that useful for video editing. The file sizes are too large if you use the full frame settings and the smaller frames are only useful for VCD or the internet.

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Technoid, many thanks!

To the topic:
            When I said uncompressed, I didn't mean really uncompressed, what I meant was lossless compression like HuffYUV. Since this will reduce the data-rate roughly to the half (depending on the video-source) without ANY quality-loss, there's IMO no reason for doing completely uncompressed captures.

A HuffYUV capture in 768x576 PAL here takes about 10MB/s, so roughly 25 mins of video should fit on a 15GB HD.
            But if you only have a HD that small, chances are it can't keep up with the sustained 9-13MB a HuffYUV capture needs anyway.
            Using an MJPEG codec you can reduce the data-rate (at the expense of CPU power, of course) down to 3MB/sec with acceptable quality-loss - and better than realtime software mpeg2-capture in any case (at least better than ATIs software MPEG2).

Edit: "The doc" beat me to it...
            Last edited by Indiana; 8 July 2001, 11:17.
            But we named the *dog* Indiana...
            My System
            2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
            German ATI-forum

Comment

Working...
            X