AXIA and O/C questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AXIA and O/C questions

I just purchased a new 1.2GHz TB. It easily overclocked to 1.3 with no voltage increase. I am wondering how good these chips really are? Unfortunately my MB is multiplier maxed out so I can't see how far this thing goes.
    Also, I own the original Asus A7V(as some of you know) and even though the clock multiplier only goes up to 12.5, when I set it at this setting, it brings the chip up to 1.3GHz instead of 1.25GHz. Has anyone else seen this? Not that I'm complaining Is there any other way to up the multiplier?

Thanks,

Dave
    Last edited by Helevitia; 7 July 2001, 23:17.
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Dunno bout multipliers, but you could prolly get some decent mhz by oc'ing the fsb. The A7V should make it to about 110mhz, which should bring you from 1.3ghz to 1.43ghz.
    Primary system specs:
    Asus A7V266-E | AthlonXP 1700+ | Alpha Pal8045T | Radeon 8500 | 256mb Crucial DDR | Maxtor D740X 40gb | Ricoh 8/8/32 | Toshiba 16X DVD | 3Com 905C TX NIC | Hercules Fortissimo II | Antec SX635 | Win2k Pro

Comment

Dave,
      Why don't you play with the bridges, and try to set the default multiplier higher?
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

ok, got it 104fsb but I dont think it'll go higher. I've tried and it is very unstable. I would need to put a fan/hs on the chipset to achieve higher. Maybe I'll get really bored tomorrow and slap one on. Currently I'm running at 1.352GHz. Amazing that you don't have to change the voltage for it to work.

Wombat, what do you mean play with the bridges and multiplier? You mean the bridges on the chip itself? This chip is unlocked. Also, the multiplier is maxed out. Maybe I mis-understood you?

Thanks,

Dave
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Bridges!

Hope this will help!
          Attached Files
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

ahh, those bridges Thanks technoid, problem is, what do I do with them? Isn't my chip already at 12.5X ? I still don't understand why I have 1300MHz when my puter is at 12.5x100? I double checked with Sandra.

Dave

Comment

Don't...

always trust what Sisoft Sandra claims! I have found many errrs in it reports over the last couple of years.

One of which was incorrectly reporting my memory (Crucial "7E") being 3-2-2!
              An update some 6 months later solved that Oops!
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
              X