Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS +G400Max +Win2k at 60Hz?

Hi,
    Whilst playing CS in OpenGL mode on my G400max, I can only obtain a maximum of 60Hz on my monitor which is capable of 85Hz at the resolutions I play it at. I have changed the refresh in the Monitor settings of the matrox applet in display settings of all the relevent refresh rates to 85Hz, but I can still only obtain 60Hz. Dual head is disabled.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
    Thanks.

john

Okay first you need to make sure that when you are in display properties and you set the appropriate modes, you set it to 85 hz and go through the motions of saving it for windows to use, EVEN IF IT SAYS 85Hz already, just adjust it anyhow. Make sure to note if there are any dialog boxes that say a certain setting is not supported by your monitor, D3D may not use that mode, etc. If so, post back.

Rags

Comment

Re: CS +G400Max +Win2k at 60Hz?

OK, adjusted it although read 85Hz and it did seem to fix it. Thanks! I think I had done that before and it didn't make a difference- although I could have done it for the 32bit colour only rather than the 16bit.

I guess I'll go back to the matrox official forums on monday and report it as a bug ;-)

Thanks again.

Comment

It's not a bug.

Rags

Comment

> It's not a bug.

It says 85Hz, but uses 60Hz instead? I would consider that a bug.

john

Comment

No, the desktop modes are set at 85Hz, which is probably what you set in display properties before you got around to doing it the right way. The thing about win2k is that you have to customize the refresh using a third party app for every other video card to get proper refresh in 3D accelerated windows and screens. With Matrox, you can do that customization with the drivers. I know it's hard to understand, but the Matrox drivers are correct when they report 85, or whatever refresh is set in display properties BEFORE you customize the displays properly, but that's the way it is, and it's not a bug. The drivers are recognizing the set mode correctly, the alternative would be to display the unaccelerated refresh which would confuse everyone.

Rags

Comment

Maybe I worded that a little confusing. Just try this: Don't set your customizations for modes, just use the windows refresh control and set it to 85hz. Then switch resolutions for your desktop, all resolutions should use 85Hz. That is NOT 60Hz, and powerdesk should NOT report 85Hz.

Rags

Comment

Working...
              X