• Show
Clear All

• Dr. Mordrid !!!! Help me, please !!!

Doc, or someone else !!!

I have this problem !!

My configuratioin:
    PII 350@467
    256 MB RAM
    HD 9 GB 7200 rpm with Windows 2000 Installed (and only the OS!)
    HD 30 GB 7200 rpm with 15GB of video to be edited (AAAARRRGHH!!)

I tried to install in different time all versions of Video Tool but ALL VERSIONS HANG !!!!

A few day ago i have made the same thing: video tools don't hang but a green image substitute my real videos (... if you remember my previous post ...)

I'm very very very sad because the 15GB videos are waiting for a final project (and also my clients !!!)

Help me please.

Thanks in advance
    Gianluca
    Visit my site and please ... leave a message !

http://glbpro.tripod.com

Sorry !
    I'm so sad that I forgot my video card

The Marvelous MATROX MARVEL G200 (marvelous till yesterday !!)

Hi.

Comment

Buongiorno, Belva

Difficult to say, offhand, but my first guess is that there is a 50-50 chance that your problem may have something to do with overclocking, especially if you have overclocked the RAMbus, as well.

What motherboard are you using? What sound card? How did you capture your 15 Gb? What size are your files? What O/S are you using? What resolution did you capture in? Did you use the native Marvel MJPEG compression, or what? When you captured, did you have many dropped frames? Do your files play back using VCR? Which editor are you using?

Sorry about the questions, but we are stabbing in the dark if we don't know exactly what is happening.

Ciao
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

MOBO: Aopen AX6BC (overclocked via Award Bios)
        Sound Card: SB 64
        I've captured video with Video Tools for Win98 (the OS I have before) at 704x576
        Now I'm using Win2K and I use Marvel MJPEG compression
        No dropped frame with Win98
        I got files from a videocamera
        I'm using UMSP6.0

With Win98 it was all ok, but i had the GREATEST IDEA to install W2K ...

Thanks and bye!

Comment

Hi Belva !

I don´t really know a cure for your videotool-problem, but maybe you can edit your video anyway. I guess you captuered the raw material with the matroxhardware. If that is the case I suggest to use the morgan-mjpeg-codec on

Video codecs: M-JPEG, JPEG2000, JPEG-XR. Digital Cinema. Stereoscopic 3D. Video For Windows (VfW) & DirectShow. Adobe Premiere Pro. 32-bit & 64-bit.

it is compatible to the zoran-chip.

This is only a solution to satisfy your customers if they can´t wait any longer.

Friedrich

Comment

It very well could be a case of overclock induced paralysis. Turn that baby down to it's normal speed and give it a go.

Morgan or PICVideo MJPeg should let you edit those files.

Dr. Mordrid
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Belva

OK, there are two things here: overclocking and O/S.

The main cause is certainly the O/S. What I would recommend is that you dual boot W2000 and W98 and you use the latter for any operation related to Marvel. With this, you may still be able to overclock. If not, let the clock wind down again. If you find you cannot overclock with Morgan or other suggested solutions, I think you will find that you don't have enough oomph in your CPU.

Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Working...
              X