Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaked Video Tools

Hi All,

I have been using the "Leaked Video Tools" on Marvel G400. It appears that YUY2 is only available in one format only which requires a transfer rate of about 19Mb/sec.

I would be delighted to know if there is a way to get 352x288 format.

The Dutchman's patch gives me problems with sound, the Leaked version is ok as regards sound but drops frames because of the required transfer rate.

Regards,

Debbie
    We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

m..

YUY2 isnt good to use. i find the image is crap compared to mjpeg!

Comment

Hi,

I am not exactly sure about YUV2, but the data rate looks to me like uncompressed.

Debbie, you will be able to use a software codec to compress the video data, if your CPU is fast enough. It is what Matrox has it its mind: enabling YUV to allow e.g. HuffYuv lossless compression (still a quite high datarate) or PICVideo MJPEG software codec.

Dr. Mordrid reported even better quality as with the hardware codec. There are some issues with interleacing, but there is a recent posting regarding this.

For me, by the way, Matrox Marvel G400-TV and Win2k-SP2 with the 200er 2.02 video tools and the associated drivers work quite well. Although, I must admit, I rather capture in W98SE and then switch to W2k to edit with MSP 6.0.
      Best Regards,
      Karlson.

My setup: not sexy, but stable...
      Mobo: Gigabyte GA-7XIE4 (Irongate)
      Bios: Version FAD beta
      CPU: AMD TB 1300/200FSB
      RAM: 640 MB PC-100 noname
      Video: Matrox Marvel G400 TV
      Sound: SB Live Value
      Disks: 40GB Maxtor, 120GB Seagate and 80 GB Highpoint RAID0/Samsung

Comment

Hi All,

Thank you all for your interest.

The reason I require YUY2 352x288 is for the odd quick job. I have no problems encoding in Matrox MJPEG and re-encoding in MPEG with TMPGEnc for VCD(non standard)1400 kb/s.

The Flying Dutchman's Patch did not work for me where it comes to sound quality.

Regards,

Debbie
        We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Comment

Working...
        X