Jorden!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jorden!

Do you think you could use the "stick/unstick thread" option under the "Admin Options" menu so we would not allways have to change the show threds from the "last xxx days" when viewing the FAQ files forum!
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

stick/unstick thread

if I knew what it was, then I think I would do so

So, what is it?
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Ah, it gives you possibly the option to answer in there.
      I think we've locked the FAQs correctly now, that no non-moderator can post there. And I tend to keep it that way. Sorry Guru

If you have something to say, point me to it through PM

Jord.
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

OK so cym then!
        According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

CYM

I think you could have posted it here as well, Guru.

Guru posted me:
          This is the message:

The "stick" option makes the threads "stick" on top in the forum so they don't disapear after 5 days (forum default)! That way "we" would not always have to change the show topics from the last xx days option when we are searching for something in the FAQ!
          First: you can set your forum default at another time, but I agree that won't be helpful.

Second: The Archives were lost in the transfer, but if you give Ant a little time, he will get them back, and we'll try our best to update them again

Third: the only way I can stick or unstick a thread in the FAQs now, is by enabling anyone else to post there, which I don't fancy, especially posting by people who are not known moderators to the MURC !!

Fourth: You could've posted that right here. Why CYM? Why not Check Your Email? Am I psychic to know what the abbreviation means?

Fifth: I want to keep the FAQ forum unstuck, so I can update any thread at any moment. If you can't live with that, email Ant

Jord.
          Jordâ„¢

Comment

You told me to use Personal Mail (PM) cym= check your mail!

I did not no that making the threads "stickys" would mean everyone could post in them!

If I remember things right the last updated "sticky" thread is always the one on top!

Comment

It's okay, Guru. I guess we're all figuring out what's happening here
              And I still am not sure that what I said is true. I could use some info on that. Anyone got a manual for me?

Jord.
              Jordâ„¢

Comment

Can you say Doh! (I know you can

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

D'oh
                  Do'h
                  DOH
                  Jordâ„¢

Comment

From the vBulletin Community:
                    "Stick is for sticking important threads at the top of the forumdisplay listing, and they will always be at the top until you unstick them (like an announcement is at the top of the forum listings now, but it is a specific thread)"

Looks like you were right, Guru Though I wonder if it works with the "show threads from xxx days". I'll test it

Jord.
                    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Indeed it works, the thread stays on top no matter what happens.
                      Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Working...
                      X