WinXP capturing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WinXP capturing

I just installed Windows XP RC1 and was surprised to find that it included capture drivers for my RRG. The problem I have is that I can't seem to access them in any application except Microsoft's new Windows Movie Maker included in XP.

I haven't tried to install any of the drivers or vt's from Matrox because I fear they will not work too well with XP.

The driver is called Matrox WDM capture/crossbar driver, but is not listed in Premier, avi_io, virutaldub, or any other program I try. Is anybody capturing in XP?

Thanks,
    Jason

Microsoft gets its hardware drivers from the vendors so....

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Hi prescott.

What happens with the captured video ? Can you import it in Premiere,etc... in other words, do you have an MJPEG codec or is the capture RGB only ?

Farid

Comment

The only program that recognizes the capture card is the Microsoft Movie Maker and it only lets you record to Windows Media format. It records fine, but I would rather use another program.

The only options in the Movie Maker program are for composite, s-video, or tuner inputs. There isn't even an option to change the tuner channel, so it's stuck on channel 2!

From what I've read on Matrox's forums, this driver has no hardware MJPEG support, so it probably supports RGB or YUV.

Comment

Working...
        X