PDA

View Full Version : Mike Magee does not believe in Matrox anymore...

tandr
4th July 2001, 08:51
from http://www.theinquirer.org/04070101.htm

I predict that the series 5 will be full DirectX 9 compatible since it will not be launched before Spring 2002 time line, when we'll see NV25, maybe NV30, and the R300. I donít see the point of talking of Matrox G800 since I seriously doubt we'll see Matrox at the high end any more

Although The Inquierer is full of rumors, and I wish to Matrox the best, it is really pity to see Nice Company Going Nowhere...

tandr, that lost his hope...

Elie
4th July 2001, 10:21
Ah... who cares what he believes :)

Matrox RULZ!

Elie

EvilDonnyboy
4th July 2001, 15:01
Why does anybody listen to those guys? The Inquirer is a tabloid for the net nerds. You should ignore them for the same reasons you should ignore the common supermarket tabloids.

Novdid
4th July 2001, 18:04
Right on the spot Donnyboy

All the rumours they've spread has never surfaced the way they thought it would.

But I do think they are correct on the Kyro thingy.

I can't wait until the Kyro3 comes.:)

CHHAS
4th July 2001, 23:04
I must admit that the Kyro 3 has me excited as well, as does the prices I saw for the G550, £89! That's not too bad at all.

ben2207
5th July 2001, 13:16
The Inquirer isn't taken seriously by any hardware site I know heh. And this just shows they have no idea of what they're talking about...

cjolley
5th July 2001, 13:27
Forgive my ignorance.
Who is Mike Magee?
chuck

motub
5th July 2001, 14:40
I'm with you, cjolley--- I'm wondering just who he is and why we care as well.

Even if the prevailing sentiment seems to be that we don't care, I don't even know why anyone thinks we would...

Rags
5th July 2001, 22:14
He is an old "reporter" from the Register, he now has his own site reporting thin rumors (or rumours for you European's ;) ).

I don't put too much faith in anything he puts out.

Rags

BryceMan
6th July 2001, 12:48
Ok guys, you're all missing the point here. The Inquirer is not about getting all the facts right. As with supermarket tabloids, its purpose is entertainment. I really enjoy ready the Inquirer because I understand what it's there for. Any respectable hardware site will filter out the rumors which have no basis in fact, because they're expected to report news, not all the rumors. The Inquirer doesn't have this restriction. Those who read it regularly and understand its purpose realize that it's supposed to report on all the rumors. They sift out the most entertaining of all the rumors, not necessarily the most factual ones. As a result, their site is very entertaining, and if you understand its purpose, you probably won't be so offended. ;-)

Indiana
7th July 2001, 06:03
I couldn't agree more. And from the way those rumors are reported and the way the whole page is done anyone with a working mind should know how to take these rumors.
But I guess some people are just too narrow-minded for something like this...

Rags
7th July 2001, 06:39
BryceMan,

Ok guys, you're all missing the point here.
I don't think that we are missing the point. Read on.

The Inquirer is not about getting all the facts right. As with supermarket tabloids, its purpose is entertainment.
Ummm, that pretty sums up the majority of posts in this thread, so I guess we got the point, wouldn't you say?

I really enjoy ready the Inquirer because I understand what it's there for.
No one said they didn't enjoy reading the Inquirer, did they?

Any respectable hardware site will filter out the rumors which have no basis in fact, because they're expected to report news, not all the rumors. The Inquirer doesn't have this restriction.
There sure seems to be an echo in here :)

Those who read it regularly and understand its purpose realize that it's supposed to report on all the rumors. They sift out the most entertaining of all the rumors, not necessarily the most factual ones. As a result, their site is very entertaining,
Well, I guess that makes us regular readers, because we understand it's purpose and are agreeing with what you wrote.

and if you understand its purpose, you probably won't be so offended. ;-)
Who was offended?

Indiana,

And from the way those rumors are reported and the way the whole page is done anyone with a working mind should know how to take these rumors.
Well, I guess we have a thread full of working minds.

But I guess some people are just too narrow-minded for something like this...
I guess some people are just too feeble-minded to understand that what the majority of the posts in this thread said are in complete agreement with what you wrote. :rolleyes:

Rags

Indiana
7th July 2001, 07:13
You're oh so smart...

Rags
7th July 2001, 07:19
Originally posted by Indiana
You're oh so smart...

Thank you! :)
That has to be the nicest thing you have ever said to me or any other American on this forum :)

Rags

Casey Jones
7th July 2001, 07:42
Rags---

Don't try to argue with someone like Indiana. He just likes looking for conflict.

Indiana--- "But I guess some people are just too narrow-minded for something like this..."
Pot , Kettle, Black

Casey

DukeP
7th July 2001, 09:30
Oh my. Almost sounds like we have an argument here?

Any way I can lurch any of the contestant into a full scale FlameWar?

Indiana? Rags? Anybody?

:p

~~DukeP~~

DentyCracker
7th July 2001, 18:17
LOF'nL

omegaRED
7th July 2001, 18:35
Rags, please dont say that ...

I had enough of this "Bash the US" thing too, but dont start it all over again ... i guess you are right, but saying it again will produce nothing good ...

For the record, i think you, Joel, Greebe, Kruzin, Kindness!, Ace etc are very cool and helpfull ... ( and good looking :D)

There ... now THAT is the nicest thing anyone ever said to you on this forum.

So can we just drop it?

Rags
7th July 2001, 18:45
Why, thank you for your kind words.

I wasn't doing anything but speaking with tongue in cheek. I was poking a little fun, that's all :)

Rags

omegaRED
7th July 2001, 18:50
Good ...

PS. I still cant figure out when you are serious and when you are being sarcastic ... i hope that wasnt sarcasm ...

Rags
7th July 2001, 18:52
It wasn't sarcasm.

But I do get that a lot overall, it's hard to tell when I am serious. Usually the best way to tell I am serious is when I start writing in paragraphs :)

Rags

omegaRED
7th July 2001, 18:57
Glad to hear it ... :)

Pace
8th July 2001, 16:30
/me slaps dump Europeans around a bit with a large constitution :D

/me slaps omegaRED around a bit with a large piston :p

omegaRED
8th July 2001, 17:52
Funnee Paul ... funnee

/me thinks Pace`s brain is running on E\------F

BTW, where the hell are you? I havent seen you for days ... London again?

Snake-Eyes
9th July 2001, 11:26
Gee omegaRED. Thanks for the compliment. :)

I honestly try to stay away from the US vs. whoever threads (at least as a poster). I think most of us are more alike than we think, sometimes, and those kinds of sentiments just go to prove it: we all like to think our part of the world is the best. ;)

Maggi
10th July 2001, 09:41
nope ... I know sme parts in the world that are a lot better than Germany ... :p

Novdid
10th July 2001, 16:23
No I don't think you do. You can for example drive as fast as you like on the legendary "autobahn" anytime you like. That's good if something.:)

It's one of the main reasons many like to travel by car in Europe, espacially if it means you're going thru Germany.

You have great football too.:)

impact
11th July 2001, 12:13
Great football in gremany... hehehe, that's a good one... well at least it's better than the Netherlands... :)

omegaRED
11th July 2001, 14:47
Ditto ... Spain is THE best Soccer League. Esp. now with Zidane and Saviola there ...

Wulfman
11th July 2001, 14:54
can anyone remember how austria played against spain last time? :)

mfg
wulfman

Novdid
11th July 2001, 14:56
Well, the Spanish league is very good maybe the best nowadays but if you want entertainment no league beats the Premier League...aaaahhh...UNITED!!! (Bartez sucks though compared to the great Schmeichel)

This is a bit off topic though. But it's always fun to talk about the game we hold so dear.:)

omegaRED
11th July 2001, 15:28
Ah Novdid ... ManUre eh? :D Only kidding ... i`m an Liverpool fan.

As for the spanish league ... man did you see the last match Barca-Valencia? That Rivaldo is a GOD! He is out of this world ... scores a hattrick, and the last goal was ... well ... bicycle kick from the edge of the box in the bottom corner ... SPECTACULAR!!!

And BTW if you havent noticed i`m a Barca fan ... do you remember the 2 games Barca-Man Utd 2 years ago in the CL? Both ended 3:3 ... THAT was beautiful

Jorden
11th July 2001, 15:31
LOF'nL Denty?

que?

Novdid
11th July 2001, 15:45
Yeah I remember, wonderful games. There were a few bicycle kicks in those games too. And the way Beckham played in Old Trafford...there's no words for that.:eek:

But the champions league final between United and Bayern two years ago were just magic.:cool:

I placed a big bet on United to win 2 - 1, and I was near jumping out of a window when Solskaer and Sheringham blessed me with two goals on stoptime, and I happily earned quite a bunch of money. :D :D :D

Well in exactly one year it's the world cup...will it be greater than last time??? I really hope so because then we're in for aBIG treat. Well either way it will be wonderful, and I for sure won't miss a single game

bacon
12th July 2001, 12:40
I thought I was dreaming two years ago in the nou camp, nothing compared to it:). I woke up the next morning and thought I had dreamt it all.:)
What a night, i felt pretty bad for the Germans, although I knew thier time would come( and it did;)).

Two word to scare the shit out of any premiership midfielder next season:

KEANE

&

VERON

:)

Oh, I'm a Murcer now:).

Indiana
12th July 2001, 12:56
Originally posted by bacon
Oh, I'm a Murcer now:).

Congrats.

I like the matches between german and english teams the most. There's always lots of action, not like those boring and majorly influenced by tactics matches that unfortunately seem quite usual nowadays.

PS: ONE word to scare the shit out of every forward that has to play against Bayern or Germany:

Kahn :cool: :cool:

Wulfman
12th July 2001, 13:59
ah, the little monkey kahn :)

mfg
wulfman

Novdid
12th July 2001, 15:23
Monkey, yes.:) Good keeper oh yes.:)

The tactic thingy is mostly done by the italians. They are good, but it's not that entertaining.

The_King
13th July 2001, 07:39
L-I-V-E-R-P-O-O-L:) :)

omegaRED
13th July 2001, 09:31
Three players GUARANTEED to scare the shit out of ANY defence in EPL.

Owen , Fowler , Heskey

`nuff said :D

Novdid
13th July 2001, 16:51
Four players to scare the shit out of every team in the world:

Beckham, Veron, Keane, Giggs

Now that's enough said.:)

bacon
14th July 2001, 10:07
Don't forget Scholes..... and Cole........Yorke.....Solskjaer...oh and errr Ruud Van Nistelrooij:)

nuff said:)

impact
14th July 2001, 12:56
Originally posted by Novdid
Four players to scare the shit out of every team in the world:

Beckham, Veron, Keane, Giggs

Now that's enough said.:)

Yeah, with the exception of Beckam, the rest sure looks ugly!

Indiana
14th July 2001, 13:36
Originally posted by impact

Yeah, with the exception of Beckam, the rest sure looks ugly!

ROFL
Yes, we should pair them with Kahn - would make a really "frightening" team...

Alec
17th July 2001, 05:03
My team, FC Porto, lost to Liverpool a few months ago in the UEFA Cup quarterfinals... Liverpool is a though team to beat...

I must say that the Premier league has the best-looking goals in Europe (Spain too). I feel that English soccer puts a lot of emphasis on shooting skills and it shows.

Donīt forget Figo and Rui Costa...(portuguese players, coincidentally:) )

omegaRED
17th July 2001, 05:53
I used to love Figo ... until he left Barca for Real ... then i started to hate him ... well not hate him, but i felt betrayed. Still think he is one of the best players in the world. Rui Costa too ... though nobody comes even close to Rivaldo.

Pace
17th July 2001, 07:19
Uh...for a moment I thought someone hinted that Beckham ain't ugly?! :confused:

impact
21st July 2001, 13:13
Well, he does get to do it with a Spice Girl, so I guess the ladies find him attractive...

DentyCracker
22nd July 2001, 06:55
F'n has the usual meaning (F*cking)
Who got Zidane again?
I wonder when and where the great Ronaldo will surface. Why can't Rivaldo play that great for Brazil? On his day there is none better. I was a big Liverpool fan when John Barnes ([shut up Paul] who coincidentally used to attend the same high school as me before he left Jamaica for England ) used to play for them. I suppose I have remained a Liverpool fan and am very glad they're good again. Now if Gerrard would be more consistent.....

World Cup, well my team is trying to return but it is proving quite difficult. Now if we beat Mexico in September then things will look a lot better. Then we play the mighty USA in Boston, in what will be like a home game for US. I'd be surprised if there were less Jamaicans than Americans at that game, given the number of jamaicans that live in that part of America

Greebe
20th September 2001, 08:56
It appears that Mike Magee heard about M's next part and had a cornary...

http://www.theinquirer.net/19090103.htm

Just kidding, hope he gets well soon :)