Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Magee does not believe in Matrox anymore...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Magee does not believe in Matrox anymore...

from http://www.theinquirer.org/04070101.htm

I predict that the series 5 will be full DirectX 9 compatible since it will not be launched before Spring 2002 time line, when we'll see NV25, maybe NV30, and the R300. I don’t see the point of talking of Matrox G800 since I seriously doubt we'll see Matrox at the high end any more
    Although The Inquierer is full of rumors, and I wish to Matrox the best, it is really pity to see Nice Company Going Nowhere...

tandr, that lost his hope...

Ah... who cares what he believes

Matrox RULZ!

Elie

Comment

Why does anybody listen to those guys? The Inquirer is a tabloid for the net nerds. You should ignore them for the same reasons you should ignore the common supermarket tabloids.
      Primary system specs:
      Asus A7V266-E | AthlonXP 1700+ | Alpha Pal8045T | Radeon 8500 | 256mb Crucial DDR | Maxtor D740X 40gb | Ricoh 8/8/32 | Toshiba 16X DVD | 3Com 905C TX NIC | Hercules Fortissimo II | Antec SX635 | Win2k Pro

Comment

Right on the spot Donnyboy

All the rumours they've spread has never surfaced the way they thought it would.

But I do think they are correct on the Kyro thingy.

I can't wait until the Kyro3 comes.

Comment

I must admit that the Kyro 3 has me excited as well, as does the prices I saw for the G550, ÂŁ89! That's not too bad at all.
          "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

The Inquirer isn't taken seriously by any hardware site I know heh. And this just shows they have no idea of what they're talking about...

Comment

Forgive my ignorance.
              Who is Mike Magee?
              chuck
              Chuck
              秋音的爸爸

Comment

I'm with you, cjolley--- I'm wondering just who he is and why we care as well.

Even if the prevailing sentiment seems to be that we don't care, I don't even know why anyone thinks we would...
                Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
                -Jay Bulworth

Comment

He is an old "reporter" from the Register, he now has his own site reporting thin rumors (or rumours for you European's ).

I don't put too much faith in anything he puts out.

Rags

Comment

Ok guys, you're all missing the point here. The Inquirer is not about getting all the facts right. As with supermarket tabloids, its purpose is entertainment. I really enjoy ready the Inquirer because I understand what it's there for. Any respectable hardware site will filter out the rumors which have no basis in fact, because they're expected to report news, not all the rumors. The Inquirer doesn't have this restriction. Those who read it regularly and understand its purpose realize that it's supposed to report on all the rumors. They sift out the most entertaining of all the rumors, not necessarily the most factual ones. As a result, their site is very entertaining, and if you understand its purpose, you probably won't be so offended. ;-)
                    Despite my nickname causing confusion, My name is not Bryce and I'm not a man...

Comment

I couldn't agree more. And from the way those rumors are reported and the way the whole page is done anyone with a working mind should know how to take these rumors.
                      But I guess some people are just too narrow-minded for something like this...
                      But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                      My System
                      2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                      German ATI-forum

Comment

BryceMan,
                        Ok guys, you're all missing the point here.
                        I don't think that we are missing the point. Read on.

The Inquirer is not about getting all the facts right. As with supermarket tabloids, its purpose is entertainment.
                        Ummm, that pretty sums up the majority of posts in this thread, so I guess we got the point, wouldn't you say?

I really enjoy ready the Inquirer because I understand what it's there for.
                        No one said they didn't enjoy reading the Inquirer, did they?

Any respectable hardware site will filter out the rumors which have no basis in fact, because they're expected to report news, not all the rumors. The Inquirer doesn't have this restriction.
                        There sure seems to be an echo in here

Those who read it regularly and understand its purpose realize that it's supposed to report on all the rumors. They sift out the most entertaining of all the rumors, not necessarily the most factual ones. As a result, their site is very entertaining,
                        Well, I guess that makes us regular readers, because we understand it's purpose and are agreeing with what you wrote.

and if you understand its purpose, you probably won't be so offended. ;-)
                        Who was offended?

Indiana,

And from the way those rumors are reported and the way the whole page is done anyone with a working mind should know how to take these rumors.
                        Well, I guess we have a thread full of working minds.

But I guess some people are just too narrow-minded for something like this...
                        I guess some people are just too feeble-minded to understand that what the majority of the posts in this thread said are in complete agreement with what you wrote.

Rags
                        Last edited by Rags; 7 July 2001, 07:46.

Comment

You're oh so smart...
                          But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                          My System
                          2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                          German ATI-forum

Comment

Originally posted by Indiana
                            You're oh so smart...
                            Thank you!
                            That has to be the nicest thing you have ever said to me or any other American on this forum

Rags
                            Last edited by Rags; 7 July 2001, 07:26.

Comment

Rags---

Don't try to argue with someone like Indiana. He just likes looking for conflict.

Indiana--- "But I guess some people are just too narrow-minded for something like this..."
                              Pot , Kettle, Black

Casey

Comment

Working...
                              X