Comments on suggested upgrade please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments on suggested upgrade please

I'm about to upgrade my ageing Celeron 400 & m/board.

Can anyone comment on if this setup will be any good?

The Motherboard/CPU I am looking at is:

Gigabyte GA-7ZXR & AMD 850 T'Bird.

I currently have Matrox G400 Marvel with 2 Seagate Baracuda HDD's (UDMA66 7200rpm, 1 @ 20Gb (used for operating system - Win98 and file storage), other @ 30Gb partitioned for video capture & backups of other drive).

The 30Gig is partitioned as Primary 20Gb video only, ext partition 10Gb for backup.

Do the Gigabyte/AMD combo work well with the G400?

All my editing is currently either analogue from TV/Camcorder source, or DVD ripping to VCD.

I hope in a year or so to go DV.

Thanks for any constructive comments

Nezza

Go with a 1GHz instead there s almost no price difference betwean the 2 make sure you get a AXIA (266) model!

I don't no about the mobo! At work we currently use MSI mobos couse of theyr great stability and a 3year waranty! Check out the guide @ Anandtech !
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Seeing that you're going to use this as a video editing solution, it would be in your best interest to only go with a MB that Matrox says will work, Not something posted on Anandtech.

Matrox Validated Motherboards(I know, wrong link)

And while I'm at it I'll move you over to Desktop Video forum
      Last edited by Greebe; 4 July 2001, 01:29.
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
      X