Backup System For Small Win2k Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backup System For Small Win2k Server

I have here a small workgroup server running win2k AS. I am planning to put a proper backup system in place soon. I plan to obtain a Plextor 16X Burner for that purpose. I also plan to put in place at that same time a tape backup system. I was thinking of this SEAGATE 20GB TAPESTOR TR5 TRAVAN SCSI INT. Anyone have any experience with this device under win2k server or AS? I figure I'd have to upgrade the BackUP Exec that comes with it as it is for win9x and winnt4 WS only. Currently the server has one 9GB SCSI hard disk as storage, but is expected to increase over time as becomes necessary. (Hence the 20GB Tape Drive) Opinions and suggestions welcome.
    [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
    Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
    Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
    Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
    Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

I believe you could get away with just using the backup utility built in to Win2K AS. The tape drive is SCSI =) and detectable. And you'll have plenty of growing room so you should be all set as opposed to buying more software....

Dil's $.02 worth
    Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Should be Ok, just don't expect to get anywhere near 20Gb on the tape, you'd be lucky to get 15Gb or less depending on the type of data being backed up. I've never seen any tape drive achieve the 2:1 compression they all claim, I guess they must be backing up text files for their tests
      When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Working...
      X