Fusion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fusion?

Conexant Fusion chip has been used in many TV capture cards for quite some time.

Nope, and Fusion is dead, at least for the moment.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I think I found it. Fusion is already here...
      http://www.blittersoft.com/cgi-bin/a...i/iFusion.html
      But we named the *dog* Indiana...
      My System
      2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
      German ATI-forum

Comment

Fusion?

Could this be the Fusion we're waiting for?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">A Conexant Fusion (formerly Brooktree BT878) encoder chip is present that facilitates video capture.</font>
        www.tweaktown.com/reviews/prolink_playtv/
        Why would I send my pants to New Jersey?

Comment

Nope
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Greebe:
            Nope, and Fusion is dead, at least for the moment.</font>
            How can it be dead if it never existed? For all we know, it might as well be very much alive and kicking in the current G550. What if the memory bus on the G550 is called Fusion? Maybe that's wat John Carmack meant when he said that Matrox had solved the memory bandwidth problem. By not gearing towards gamers, there is no need for a fast memory bus, thus problem solved. Yup, that must have been it.

[This message has been edited by albatorsk (edited 29 June 2001).]

Comment

thats a very philosophical question, albatorsk

Comment

Dear (albatorsk) mini MURCer,
                I realise your new to these forums and I can respect that, but when addressing people you do not know, you should refrain for making speculations aginst a moderator.

We have a thing called
                http://forums.murc.ws/cgi-bin/ubbm isc.cgi?action=getannounce&ForumNumber=3&Start=245 1510.99&End=2455198&Session=2452090.1424The Forums Survival Guide, please read it.

Now when you have comprehended what info is there please post back anytime.

Have a nice day

Better bugblatt, bacon and sirhardi?

[This message has been edited by Greebe (edited 29 June 2001).]

Comment

What if ... fusion is only the act of melting two atomic cores ?

PS: Greebe, don't be so skinny ... which Mini are you adressing, btw ?
                  Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                  Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                  be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                  4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                  2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                  OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                  4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                  Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                  Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                  LG BH10LS38
                  LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

DOH ... forget about my PS, I just noticed you edited your post.

DOH !

Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                    Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                    be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                    4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                    2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                    4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                    Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                    LG BH10LS38
                    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Dear Greebe.

I'm sorry for being a mini MURCer, but I've been lurking here for almost four years. Just beacuse I don't post much doesn't mean I don't read what you, or anyone else post.

I have read the forum guidelines, and I'm sorry if you took it as a personal attack, but by reading the thread with sirhadi, I now realise that you are a very sensitive man.

I will try to refrain from speculating any further, and since you said that the Fusion doesn't exist, then it must be so. Sorry for any inconvenience that I've created. I will try to spare you and these forums any future embarrasment by not posting here.

Yours truly
                      The Torsk

BTW. Why was the forum called "The Crystal Ball" again?

Comment

albatorsk, I not only was a mini (several times), but also a lurker. I took the time to find out who really knew what was what back then.

My intention wasn't an attempt to demean you or as an attack in any way, shape or form so please don't take it that way(nor am I taking what you said as an attack).
                        My point, I am also a Matrox beta tester (why I pointed you to the forum survival guide) and being such know more than the typical MURCer. What I said is factual.

Is that any better?

Greebe very thick skinned and quite understanding (believe it or not), tho if ya want a flame contest BRING IT ON!!!

[This message has been edited by Greebe (edited 29 June 2001).]

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">BTW. Why was the forum called "The Crystal Ball" again?</font>
                          I suppose for this forum to maintain it's presence, facts are not allowed.

Comment

To greebe:

Thank you, much clearer now

The thing is, most of the time when someone posts about the G800/Fusion/Condor-II/Whatever someone trustworthy steps up and says "Don't believe the rumours", "It's not official" and such. Usually it ends with "We tld you so" and "We knew you were wrong". Well, in the case of the G500, when people started to agitate, the same people stepped up and said "Why didn't you listen to the rumors?" and "You should have knwn this considering the latest speculations".

The Fusion was never an announced product from Matrox, hence only rumours, and here you are telling us that it's dead "for the moment". Does that mean that there is any thruth to the Fusion rumours? Or should we choose to not listen to them? That was to me a funny thing and thus had to comment on it.

Proborst Albatorsk

PS. Note the clown/something on my last post.

Comment

Nope, it's just dead

Comment

Working...
                              X