okay, lets get back to the g800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• okay, lets get back to the g800

There is no G800.. don't hold your breath, you'll be dissapointed again.

Were were all excited about this card, right? Now look at it.. its basically a G450 with a couple minor additions = joke.

I'm not waiting another year for M to release another card using the same core as the G400, but with slower memory.

LOL Im eagerly awaiting the arrival of M next generation G400
    they are the rodney dangerfield of graphics card old ugly and not very funny !

man didnt Nvidia refresh their products every 6 months? Matrox has now taken 2+years to refresh their g400 line of cards I wonder if its going to be another 2 years of refreshing the g550 line cards as well?

------------------
    MSI K7TPro2 Duron 750@900
    512Ram G400DH32mb
    Pioneer SCSI 16xDVD
    msn messenger id: mkanashta
    DFI NFIIUltra 400
    756Ram ATI 9550 256mem
    Lite-On DVDR/RW/DL
    Windows XP pro
    msn messenger id: gchisel
    Be aware that a halo has to fall only a few inches to be a noose

Comment

"man didnt Nvidia refresh their products every 6 months? Matrox has now taken 2+years to refresh their g400 line of cards I wonder if its going to be another 2 years of refreshing the g550 line cards as well?"
      I thought the G450 was the refreshment of their g400(a little over a year afterwards), and the G400 was based on the G200. Oh, and the G550 looks to me like the last in the line of the G200 based products...but that's just a guess.

Casey

Comment

I could be wrong here chaps but most of the cards released by Nvidia in the past 20 months have been rehashes of the original Geforce 256 (the geforce3 being the exception and the xbox not yet on general release).
        The standard Geforce 2, pros and ultras were were just higher clocked variations on a common theme and probably differed from the original geforce 256 as much as the G550 does from the g450. However, I am happy to be proven wrong on this one.
        Give the G550 128 ddr ram, faster core speeds and I'm sure most people here would be would be singing a different tune.

regards MD
        Interests include:
        Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by mdhome:

Give the G550 128 ddr ram, faster core speeds and I'm sure most people here would be would be singing a different tune.

regards MD
          </font>

So why havent they released that?
          Illusion[Spirit]
          www.spiritclan.co.uk

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by mdhome:
            I could be wrong here chaps but most of the cards released by Nvidia in the past 20 months have been rehashes of the original Geforce 256 (the geforce3 being the exception and the xbox not yet on general release).
            The standard Geforce 2, pros and ultras were were just higher clocked variations on a common theme and probably differed from the original geforce 256 as much as the G550 does from the g450. However, I am happy to be proven wrong on this one.

regards MD
            </font>
            We would sing a different tune but they aint so we aren't :-)_

I just want to buy what is not outdated a month from now

Comment

Dont know why they didnt do what we would have wanted them to but it certainly aint worth bitching about.

Just move on and buy a vcard that suits you
              Interests include:
              Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

I think it is definetly worth bitching about, soi they either do release a card that is geared for the needs, not for their tests anymore or for the sole reason, if they see sales declining, they cannot say that it was the market, the market is and has been crying for features and support on numerous fronts, not just the graphics end.

This helps a company that wants to be innovative and get on top.

Comment

Of course its worth bitching about! Many of the people on this forum want to stick with Matrox becasue of their quality, and features like duel head. They have waited 2 years for Matrox to release something good, and yet Matrox have disappointed us again
                  Illusion[Spirit]
                  www.spiritclan.co.uk

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Illusion[Spirit]:
                    Of course its worth bitching about! Many of the people on this forum want to stick with Matrox becasue of their quality, and features like duel head. They have waited 2 years for Matrox to release something good, and yet Matrox have disappointed us again </font>

You mean, you started waiting for the next card right after you got a G400 ???
                    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                    Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                    be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                    4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                    2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                    4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                    Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                    LG BH10LS38
                    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

I wated immediatly after i purchased mine, didnt you ?

I saw ATI and Nvidia coming out with new stuff and announcements, therby Matrox sat there like a stone pilot, but they sure didn't drop anything spiritual........maybe these are all lefover hardware items that made up for the new board ?......hehehehe.recycled rt2000 stuff......rofl

Comment

Yes, I agree sirhardi.

I didnt say that Ive been unhappy with my G400 for 2 years. The original GeForce came out virtually the day that I got my G400. I was still very happy with my kickass new card, but already there was something better out, so I figured that I would probably update my card when Matrox updated their product cycle - so yes I have been waiting 2 years.

Ive only been (relatively) unhappy with my G400 for about a year since the GTS came out....

I mean all credit to Matrox on the G400, I cant think of any other card that I could have bought at the time that I would still be using with some degree of satisfaction. But right now I feel that users like myself and many others here are being fobbed off.....
                        Illusion[Spirit]
                        www.spiritclan.co.uk

Comment

Curious... What do you think it would involve taking the G550 as we see it and giving it a 128bit Ext. bus?
                          Make that a cheap R&D "Max" or "Ultra" version, seems to work in their competitors business models...

the G550 is what I expected, not what I'd have liked to see from the Big M...
                          And as of Yet, I have not seen a Replacement to my G400, Except maybe picking up a PCI card as the 2nd head controler...

Craig

------------------
                          P3-700e cB0 @980Mhz - Watercooled, DangerDen waterblock, Enhiem 1046 pump, 8x6x2 HeaterCore Radiator - Asus P2b Rev. 1.10 /w MSI slocket - 256 MB Corsair PC150 - G400 DH 32b SGR - IBM 20Gb 75GXP HDD - InWin A500

[This message has been edited by Stringy (edited 19 June 2001).]
                          1.3 Taulatin @1600 - Watercooled, DangerDen waterblock, Enhiem 1046 pump, 8x6x2 HeaterCore Radiator - Asus TUSL2C - 256 MB Corsair PC150 - G400 DH 32b SGR - IBM 20Gb 75GXP HDD - InWin A500

Comment

Who says Matrox has declining sales and why is the G550 is such a lousy card? Is it because it cant compete with the Geforce 3 and run Q3 at 1600*1200 @ 60 fps?

Sorry chaps I dont see what there is to complain about. We havent even seen reviews of it yet and you are already complaining. For all you know its bigger, uglier, meaner brother could be around the corner.

Lastly I still find it laughable but Matrox doesnt owe us the distinction of producing a card that blows away the competition in every department. It does it in many areas. It cant do it in all.

must go, lift awaits

Interests include:

Comment

maybe g800 is a little too far away, but how about a g550 max (doesnt sound good, though) with 128 bit memory, higher clocks, active cooling and 64mb??
                              might as well be a g600 though

Comment

Working...
                              X