Mobile Matrox??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Matrox??

After reading the specs of the G550, and considering the, what appears to be, small PCB. I wouldn't at all be surpised to see this become a mobile solution. 64bit DDR and .18 micron technology = low power consumption.
    Some people have be dissapointed with its specs but it would make a truly great mobile solution. What do you guys think?

might be, especially when you consider that notebooks usually use 56k modems, making it the ideal basis for headcasting

Comment

The second head looks like it can be removed/replaced so that fits into a mobile environment.
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Well if NVidia can do it with their GO solutions and the ATI with their Radeon Mobile then so can Matrox. We can have laptops powered with the Matrox *MoGo* headcasting chipset. Image the interest someone would get if they were on a train talking to an animated face

Humour aside, I have heard that the G450' run fairly cool so this could be a possibility for the G550. The question is would Matrox go for it?

Regards MD

ps..All this talk of Headcasting reminds me of a Dr Who series about a group of wax dummies called the Autons. A perfect example of a walking talking Headcast except that their lips didnt move.
        Interests include:
        Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

i guess a gx50 would be a perfect mobile business solution, if they gave it another die shring to .15 or even .13, it would draw little power, run really cool and have the best visual quality and 2d performance any mobile solution ever had

and a .13 production process woulndt be so bad for a gaming card, either

Comment

Mobile graphics solutions aren't CARDS, they are chips (highly integrated graphics chip, meaning integrated TMDS and RAMDAC + RAM - the days of integrated RAM are counted) directly added on the Mainboard. G550's 64 bits bus should help though, as it takes little space

The Millennium G550's small PCB is an indication though that G550 is highly integrated and doesn't take much space on a PCB (which - besides space - is essential in a mobile environment).

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Saw several posts quoting Matrox reps saying they have no plans on entering the mobile market. I'll try to find those links.

Comment

Working...
              X