Look what I've found!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look what I've found!

Today a Danish hardware site has posted a preview of the G550, which is based on the press release.

http://www.hardwareonline.dk/vis_artikel.asp?aID=64&s=1

Hmm....What image are you referring to?

There's been no press release yet so I think the "preview" was just based on the rumors already out there. But I can't read Danish, so I can't really say anything.

Comment

The author is under NDA, but claims it stops today, and has therefor posted a preview based on the press release he has received from Matrox.

Actually I know the author personally so I know this isn't just something he made up, but I wish that he had told me about it a little sooner than now.

Comment

3. kvartal

interesting...

mfg
        wulfman
        "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
        "Lobsters?"
        "Really? I didn't know they did that."
        "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Hmm... now the image that wouldn't load earlier is removed from the page I mentioned in the first post.

Yep, the preview says the card is going to be available from 3rd quarter for 160 US$.

Comment

what are the specs? i think it says geforce 2mx and 2 pipelines each?

Comment

I've ran the page trough an translator and this is the result.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">
              Of which you are [Matrox] buff so known you by warrant good that that is a lot for a long time the paper that [Matrox] is come by a new [grafikkort] and that grate yourself certainly by G400 and G450 is gradually known that [være] decline awhile in arrears at a pinch [ydelse]. You've certainly too consulted all the rumours there has been at [nettet] round successor and i can be fast bring to light that some of they has been real and others has been all wrong. That next card from [Matrox] is called that you very likely as early as has guessed G550 and aren't righted against [highend] [gamers] however directs against bureau spending and [hjemmebrugere] do not have that heavy demand to pretend to be 3D games. That new to G550 As mentioned before is G550 no righted against [gamers] however there's when after come awhile improvements by that [vil] do the card awhile better [attraktivt] that pretend to be at. Here thinking i at that every from they 2 [pipelines] actually have the possibility of that depict 2 [textures] every, there's a improvement to relationships to G450 that only depict 1 a [pipeline]. This brings the academics [fillrate] onto a level there implied round that [GeForce] 2 MX has however it is difficult that tell when [Matrox] never drops where a lot of [MHz] their [grafikkort] runs by. Where they actually innovations shall reside are you fitness from novel technology there are accessed [HeadCasting] [Engine]. Card told is [HeadCasting] [Engine] a number hardware functions there matters that it is possible that interpret speak by [Internettet] to a brain there agitates the lips catching there speak. I've noted a [demo] from the functionality amid my attendance at [Cebit] in March and of which that appears that [være] awhile so good to the realty so think i at that it'll become a great success. [HeadCasting] [Engine] As mentioned before so is [HeadCasting] [Engine] that all heavy to G550. According to [Matrox] [vil] there [være] a tall number application chances by that engineering. It is at any rate no specifically difficult that imagine themselves that decent in lieu of that only get a string of which decent speaker by friends by [nettet] so gets decent too a brain forth there even agitates the lips and others parties from the face catching there speak. the technic works known that there get benchmark to the voice and it is therefore no necessitated that should pour whole bulk facts by [nettet]. Ie that decent [vil] could employ they enclosed programs and [HeadCasting] [Engine] together with a 56[k] modem. You are therefore no forced to that orchard a [højhastighedslinie] to get a good output. To get a better photo realistic portrait has that been necessitated that extend the [Vertex] [Shader] there's a part from [DirectX] 8,0 so that G550 supports 256 table whatever is pronounced beyond they 96 that DX8 spending Programs All this is after no [værd] of which there no is some programs that make use of [HeadCasting] [Engine]. There's that so successfully that G550 contains all they programs there's necessitated to all only runs. [HeadPhone] [HeadPhone] is a bill there converter speak to a photo realistic brain there speaker to yourself, the platform is optimized to [HeadCasting] [Engine] and you gets therefore the optimal quality and [ydelse]. [Digimask] By [Digimask] is it possible that give rise to yours own heads to use to [HeadFone]. You can be consequently sit and talk to a friend and choose that orchard his brain to that speak to yourself. All there's demand by is 2 portraits from the person you shall orchard into the platform, a from the paper and a [forfra]. [Matrox] [Virtual] Gifts by [PowerPoint] [PowerPoint] is highly used to that get introductions by however what actually of which you no can be [være] there to that introduce the? I see putting you yourself down ahead your THE PC'S and speak they comments there shall [være] by. Once you've [indtalt] the comments is it actuals possible that pour the presentation by [e]-[mail]. The recipient requires no sometime orchard a G550 card to one machine, he [vil] could play back the presentation after, only no to equal quality that of which there were a G550 to his machine. Conclusion Catching i actually has read press release through so stands that correct evident by me that G550 no shall [være] a card to they there only [vil] pretend to be computer, actuals stands there no spot anything about games so it is no a item there has been importantly by [Matrox]. That there has been [fokuseret] at is that supply with a good card to [kontormaskiner] contemporary by put on the market some gash functions there upcoming those spending to good. However ie after no that that no is possible that pretend to be by the card has ca. equal [ydelse] that a [GeForce]2 MX and naturally so is there settled the good quality that [Matrox] is known by. [Matrox] G550 [vil] could is bought to3. quarter and spend 1395 [kr]. </font>
              PIII 1Ghz|AbitSa6R|512mb Kingston|Matrox Parhelia 512 Retail|80gb WD & 30gb IBM 75gxp|Diamond MX300 A3d 2.0|36xcdrom|6x32AopenDVD|Sony DRU500A|Intel Pro 10/100 S|IIyama Vision Master Pro 450 | Celly 300a@450 'server' powered by a G400MAX

Comment

it reads a little difficult

i hope that headcasting thing is a joke, i cant imagine anyone buying a video card for that, but maybe thats just me

mx speed would have been enough for me end of last year, but by now it seems to slow for a new video card.

well, tomorrow we will know more (or at least know that we wont know more for another while :rolleyes

Comment

how funny ... all the links above now point to a "This page has been moved" message.

Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                  Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                  be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                  4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                  2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                  OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                  4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                  Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                  Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                  LG BH10LS38
                  LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

But he's right, I am witness - when I visited, the broken graphic and link still existed

AZ
                    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Right click on the bottom right of page
                      System 1:
                      AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
                      Epox 8K7A
                      2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
                      an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
                      SBLIVE 5.1
                      Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
                      IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                      Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
                      3Com Hardware Modem
                      Teac 20/10/40 burner
                      Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

You mean the transparent image? I don't know about you, but I don't think it's interesting at all...

Comment

Heh. Yes, I too did manage to hit the link before it disappeard.

As for the danish stuff.
                          The review seems to be a short synapsis of a pressrelease. Its mostly concentarted around the headcasting engine.
                          Only part interesting for gamers, is the support for 256 level shaders under DX8 - wich is the most so far by any card.

All the neccesary software for using headcasting is included in the package, as well as an export/merge function to use microsoft powerpoint. As a University guy, I kind of look forward to being able to hold an entire lecture from my coozy home. Just hitch up the projector, set it to go off at a quarter past, and head for supper.. Lol.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

anyone know danish better than a babblefish

------------------
                            MSI K7TPro2 Duron 750@900
                            512Ram G400DH32mb
                            Pioneer SCSI 16xDVD
                            msn messenger id: mkanashta
                            DFI NFIIUltra 400
                            756Ram ATI 9550 256mem
                            Lite-On DVDR/RW/DL
                            Windows XP pro
                            msn messenger id: gchisel
                            Be aware that a halo has to fall only a few inches to be a noose

Comment

I seriously don't think this guy was on a NDA ... that Headcasting thing was the same thing that the guy on Chicks hardware said .
                              maybe he took this rumor/article too seriously..

------------------
                              -muted-
                              -muted-

Comment

Working...
                              X