• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have an Idea about GoIP

Were on the road to nowhere...
    doesnt sound like a stupid Talking Head to me
    Interests include:
    Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

I have an Idea about GoIP

If infact it is real

Could possibly be a networking solution so that you can connect via network protocols to another system with a matrox card and be able to display what you want on that system

Sounds better than stupid talking heads that have not much practical use whatsoever.
    AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
    AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
    Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
    Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

Actually it would make sense to do graphics over IP in a business environment, so you can remote control servers, and users computers, for administration and problem solving.

Kind of like a CPU switch, but built in...

Lemmin

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by cbman:
        Sounds better than stupid talking heads that have not much practical use whatsoever. </font>
        I don't know what this goip wants to be, but I think that to put an image to another computer's screen remotely is a solved problem since X servers exists...

Comment

But a similar situation doesn't really exist on a windows based system unless it is screenies or a program such as PCAnywhere.

Plus hardware support would be cool and software that could exploit it would mean limitless multimoniter configurations at your fingertips

Comment

Hummingbird has a good X Windows package for NT/W2K.

If I was to guess (and aren't we all ), I think GoIP might be designed for HW assist of streaming video content over IP networks.
            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Erm - netmeeting has desktop sharing built in now.

Anyway, GoIP, PIoG, IPGo, IGoP, oPIG - that's it - it's a pig!

------------------
              Cheers,
              Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

Wrong Steve

Its a Cow...

MoooOoooOOoooo

Hahahaha

Comment

maybe its just a hardware encoder/decoder for all those streaming standards (realplayer/media player) or for those 3d-web thingys that i read about a few weeks back???
                  maybe it doesnt exist???
                  maybe i just want the durn card to come out september/octobre???

Comment

Steve, you let out POIG (Processing Of Integrated Graphics)
                    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Gastronomic Obstructions Induces Pain

------------------
                      Cheers,
                      Steve

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by cbman:
                        But a similar situation doesn't really exist on a windows based system unless it is screenies or a program such as PCAnywhere.

Plus hardware support would be cool and software that could exploit it would mean limitless multimoniter configurations at your fingertips
                        </font>
                        Never worked with a Compaq "Remote Insight Lights-Out", or Dell Remote Assistance card then, have you? Great for remotely controlling a server, even one that is powered off. You can turn it on, watch it boot up, etc. from the comfort of your desk via your web browser. No remote 3D though

There's also the new W2K terminal services that's pretty sweet too, but it's basically just a fancied up Citrix Winframe, which they bought.

------------------
                        Andrew
                        Carpe Cerevisi
                        Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Yeah - I've use win2k's terminal services - works quite well... but just use VNC it's free and simple!

Andrew - I've seen the more simple Compaq Remote Insight thing thru a web browser, but I've never seen how I could turn on/off a server or watch it boot up. Is this a free add on or what?

------------------
                          Cheers,
                          Steve

Comment

Steve,

That's what you get with the "Lights-Out" edition. Definitely not free . It only works on the newer machines, and needs a special power switch control cable from the card to the motherboard.

------------------
                            Andrew
                            Carpe Cerevisi
                            Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by agallag:
                              Steve,

That's what you get with the "Lights-Out" edition. Definitely not free . It only works on the newer machines, and needs a special power switch control cable from the card to the motherboard.

</font>
                              Oh, OK, Cheers Andrew. I'm only being lazy anyway - the server's going over to our other building today (when I can be bothered to get to work) and it means a five minute walk.

------------------
                              Cheers,
                              Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X