G550 news? I think :-/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G550 news? I think :-/

I'm not sure if any of you have seen this before, so if you have don't flame me please... I just thought it was interesting!

http://www.chickshardware.com/html/s...6052001/1.html

Will

this kind of news/rumours belongs to the crystal ball forum, dont flame me for this please

Comment

Don't worry folks, I just took enough flaming for two or three people. You should be safe.
      The G450 was an awfully disappointing follow-up to the G400; I just hope the G550 (or whatever it ends up being called) is somewhere close to the speculation. I have read a few similar articles, and they point to great things. Hopefully we'll have some information from Matrox themselves a week from tomorrow.
      When all else fails, FDISK!

Comment

Zerotech: Sorry for the flaming you took. Just remember that you use this forum only for G550 speculation until it is for real, many people here are sick and tired of all the speculation, that's why they react the way they do when posted in Matrox Hardware, so post here and you'll be safe

We'll see what the next Matrox card has to offer when they announce it (which, if the rumors are correct, will be next tuesday ), until then, all is speculation.

And BTW, a 64 Bit DDR Interface, as the G550 is rumoured to have, isn't exactly great news for all of us hoping for at least average 3D performance...

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

walrusbonzo - These "news" are rather old. Have a look at the "I have an idea about GoIP"-thread in the Crystal Ball Forum.

MK

------------------
          Celeron II 860 MHz on EPoX BX7+100, Intel i440BX
          Golden Orb @ 7V + 2x Papst Low Noise Cooler
          256 MB PC133 Crucial 7E (CAS2)
          G400 16MB @ PD 6.10 + TGL (soon to be replaced
          Hauppauge WinTV TV-Card
          IBM DTLA 20GB on HPT U-ATA100 RAID
          Iiyama Vision Master Pro 400
          Plustek Optic Pro U12B
          HP Deskjet 959C
          <font size="1">
          Celeron II 700 @ 1,1 GHz
          ASUS CUSL2-C, Bios 1009 final
          Alpha 6035MFC, 60 -> 80mm adapter
          2 x 80mm Papst Cooler 19/12dB
          Maxtor Diamond MAX VL40
          ATI Radeon 8500 64MB @ Catalyst 3.0
          Hauppauge WinTV TV-Card
          Plustek Optic Pro U12B
          HP Deskjet 959C
          Plantronics LS1 Headset
          all on W2k Professional SP2
          </font>

Comment

AZ - You just seem to be a tad faster ...

MK
            <font size="1">
            Celeron II 700 @ 1,1 GHz
            ASUS CUSL2-C, Bios 1009 final
            Alpha 6035MFC, 60 -> 80mm adapter
            2 x 80mm Papst Cooler 19/12dB
            Maxtor Diamond MAX VL40
            ATI Radeon 8500 64MB @ Catalyst 3.0
            Hauppauge WinTV TV-Card
            Plustek Optic Pro U12B
            HP Deskjet 959C
            Plantronics LS1 Headset
            all on W2k Professional SP2
            </font>

Comment

I was mostly looking at the 5/9/2001 article, which claimed a 128-bit DDR RAM structure. That, coupled with a 256-bit DualBus, sounded pretty nice.

I seem to have made a very bad first impression in this particular web community, this will probably be my last post here.

------------------

Comment

Zero-
                While you where not warmly welcomed, I can tell you that is not the norm.
                It's just that many of the folks here also read Matrox's own forums, and have seen the way you treated our friends in tech support.

Most of the flames you got where tossed by Matrox beta testers, who are in daily contact with Haig, Louie, and many other people within the company. We don't take too kindly to people ripping on our friends.

I am reffering to the following thread, where you insulted and belittled Louie for trying to help you out:
                http://forum.matrox.com/mgaforum/For...ML/005131.html

So while I don't condone the flaming you recieved, I do understand why you recieved it...
                Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I sure wouldn't want a job in support. You've got to be able to put up with calls all day and every day of customers yelling at you because "the product doesn't work" and they've already reached a very high level of frustration. Louie handled zerotech very professionally yet the user still walked away frustrated and dissatisfied. Its too bad some users go away with such a negative impression after such an encounter but support engineers know that some people just can't be helped. It takes calm dialog and clear procedures to diagnose and resolve a problem. If the user isn't willing to listen and cooperate, than you just have to move on and try to help the next caller.
                  <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

hey zero, welcome to the club

usually people only get flamed when they do one of the following:

a) say something negative about the usa

b) say something positive about nvidia

c) say something negative about matrox (not including the 3d speed and their realease schedule)

d) say something positive about mime artists

if you take care and follow the rules this is (in my opinion) the coolest forum on the web (i admit i dont visit that many fori/forums or whatever the plural is called)

edit: after reading your thread over at the matrox forum i should maybe add:

e) not insulting people on a very personal level out of sheer frustration because you dont get your matrox product to work right and them not being able to help you right away because you dont give them enought information

f) also you should check the murc frontpage and recent threads before posting news/rumours/etc.

but i guess im starting to ramble here, so if that wasnt really your last post here, welcome again

[This message has been edited by Topha (edited 11 June 2001).]

Comment

and remember, the boys you beat up at tech support frequent these fori's so an apology here would go far
                      System 1:
                      AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
                      Epox 8K7A
                      2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
                      an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
                      SBLIVE 5.1
                      Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
                      IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                      Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
                      3Com Hardware Modem
                      Teac 20/10/40 burner
                      Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

The reason zero was flamed was because he chose to register to crap on someone's help thread by giving bunk advise, giving the impression that he was somehow screwed by tech support there, when in fact he was very rude and cold. I would have banned his ass too. Then since he can't rant about Matrox on their own forums, he chooses to come into one of our help threads to add absolutely zero to the mix. If he wants to stay and actually discuss something, then fine.

Rags

Comment

I very much regret the "bile explosion" that poor Louie took square in the face.
                          Sadly, my apologies are too faint to be heard across the bridge that I not only burned, but blasted out of existence.
                          My annoyingly constant references to the GeForce3 are due to a problem that proper medication has yet to be formulated for; I am overly desperate for a non-business Matrox product that meets or exceeds the current level of technology (as the G400 did at its introduction).
                          Lest I be misunderstood, this post is quite serious and not meant to be sarcastic in any way. I entered these forums truly meaning to help, but allowed a few hair-trigger red buttons to be pressed and let the results run far too far before finally reining them in.

I will not trespass here again.

Comment

Seek the force 0T. The force of the Delete key and Edit key is strong in the MURCer Masters. Learn from these Masters and you shall know peace and harmony.
                            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

You're not trespassing... we just run this board differently and we'd like to keep it that way.

There is history that you are unaware of involving nV and that's the biggest reason for the wisecracks and flaming.

zero read over the Forum Survival Guide for more insight. And you don't have to leave.

BTW Guys, this twit at chickshardware is a 17 year old boy giving advice (let alone claiming to be a hardware guru!)

[This message has been edited by Greebe (edited 12 June 2001).]
                              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X