Will G550 really come?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will G550 really come?

I'd really love to know if it is really, I mean really, worth waiting for the G550? I could get a G400 MAX DH with about 150 USD (or G450). Should I wait juuust for a couple of weeks more (like I already have ) or buy a G400 MAX and stick with it, as it has extremely good drivers? G550, at first, would lack a support for nearly everything decent. After a month or so they would be good enough to use! (That's the usual case... )
    Hey, maybe you and I could... you know... [SLAP] Agh!

Unfortunately as Manuel from Fawlty Towers would say
    I know nothing.
    Interests include:
    Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

Nobody knows anything!

Well allmost nobody... but those that know anything aren´t talking

If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Comment

One thing is for certain, if you decide to get the G400Max the G550 will be announced within a week or so

Or am I the only one this happens to ?
        "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

No, you're not the only one...

I bought a RainbowRunner G for my G400 and two weeks later, the G450 eTV was available for about the same price as I paid for the RR at matrox' online shop.

I'm now just hoping the RR will be supported with the next generation matrox card...
          main system: P4 Northwood 2.0 @ 2.5GHz, Asus P4PE (LAN + Audio onboard), 512MB Infineon PC333 CL2.5, Sapphire/BBA Radeon 9500@9700 128MB (hardmodded), IBM 100GB ATA-100, 17" Belinea (crappy), and some other toys...ADSL (1,5mbit/s down, 256kbit/s up...sweeeeeet!)

Comment

So are you saying that I can speed up things by buying a G400 ?!

"Thh'at's chc'oool"
            - ButtHead
            Hey, maybe you and I could... you know... [SLAP] Agh!

Comment

Well, 2 weeks after I bought my Kyro the Kyro 2 was announced ...
              A month after I bought my Duron the AXIA T-birds started popping up ... (I know they are more expensive, but they are able to run somewhere near 1.5 GHz, so I would have got one of those for sure)

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

But i knew right away , she was really gonna come .. ..

got a spot that gets me hot , but you ain't been to it

-muted-

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Well allmost nobody... but those that know anything aren´t talking.</font>
                  It really isn't a matter of aren't as it is a matter of can't. NDAs you know?

Joel
                  Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                  Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

There´s really no point in waiting.
                    If you can get something to your liking NOW, at a good price, it´s a safe bet to make the deal. When something better appears, just sell what you got; if you made a good buy in the first place you shouldn´t have to loose much.

I just bought a Radeon 32DDR Retail for 98$ (and that included NFS Porsche 2000 the store obviously didn´t know what they were selling) and I think I can resell it without a heavy loss if anything better becomes available the next month or two. And I wouldn´t mind that being a Matrox card at all.

rubank

Comment

strange that you mention it - a friend of mine bought a radeon 32mb DDR for about 105€... but without a game...

(all other shops here sell it for about 150€)

mfg
                      wulfman
                      "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
                      "Lobsters?"
                      "Really? I didn't know they did that."
                      "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Muted ... tell me about her sister.
                        That's it! The next Matrox card will be called .......... DYNAMO!!!
                        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

If you leave your G400 under your pillow, Haig will fly in in the middle of the night and leave a G550 in its place.
                          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

yeah...the waiting kinda sucks. specially now that I'm getting a new card.

I gotta decide in a week, and it looks like I'll have to settle for the Radeon 64mb.

it would have been nice to have gotten "that" G550 which had Matrox 2d and GTS 3D speed...ow well.

Comment

Speaking of NDA's I was really surpriced when M$ included a NDA in their Dx 8.1 beta.

Comment

Working...
                              X