G800? Who cares!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G800? Who cares!

every time i come to www.murc.ws i see something about G800.... but why? why not wait until matrox actually tells us? WHY?...

we know that matrox will be coming out with a new series of graphic cards sometime in the future, the only thing we don't know is what the name of the card will be...

seems to me like everyone's getting all hyper over a stupid name....

------------------
    Asus P5A-B MoBo w/AMD K6-266@300 (100mhz FSB)
    Matrox Milleniumm G200 AGP (oh, lets party)
    Creative SB Awe32 (a classic, superb card)
    Realtek 8029A NIC Card
    128meg (2x64) 100mhz SDRam
    Ali V agp chipset (2x)
    30 gig HD 7200 RPM UDMA 66
    ALI 1543 IDE Controller (ATA 33)
    Optiquest Q53 15" Monitor
    Actima 36X CD-Rom
    Slackware Linux 7.1
    Windows 95B (for gaming)
    ICQ UIN: 24730025
    <font size="1">Gigabyte GA-6VXC7-4X MoBo
    VIA Apollo Pro 133a (694x/686A) chipset (4x agp, UDMA 66)
    Celeron II 733 CPU (coppermine 128)
    128meg (2x64) 133mhz SDRam
    Matrox Milleniumm G200 AGP 16 mb
    Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Digital model 0100 (MP3+, Gamer)
    Quantum LM 30 gig HD 7200 RPM UDMA 66
    Realtek 8029A NIC Card
    Optiquest V775 17" Monitor
    Actima 36X CD-Rom
    Advansys 510 SCSI Card (ISA, but good enuf for my burner)
    Yamaha 6416 CD-RW
    Windows 2000 (primary)
    Slackware Linux 9.0(secondary/emergency)</font>

Well we have been waiting 2 years what do you expect! The site would have been pretty damn quiet these last two years without any speculation

The reason for all the G800 stuff is that Matrox denied it and blamed it on "websites" making up the name something that is not true. I just like rubbing their nose in it everytime they release yet another driver STILL including references to the G800 in it. It is they that are still releasing references to the G800 why should we not talk about it?

It is Matrox that revealed the G800 name initially via various routes that is WHY it has been talked about so much and we all know how secrative Matrox are so speculation is all we have had to fill in the two years between new products!

How exactly do we know Matrox will be coming out with a new series of graphics cards in the future? While we don't know but presume Matrox will come out with something in the future the real question you should be asking is how far in the future

Comment

Didn't you just say earlier this week that the names in the drivers were because of a hack on their website. The way you're saying now is that they really released drivers with the names in them and knew it.

Would you care to clarify ?

Comment

Galvin, don't be dense. He was making fun of Matrox PR when he said that someone had to have secretly done this because of what they were claiming.

It's being funny, understand?

Rags

Comment

hmmm.... well i can think of a million things to put on the front page in between card releases...

but, i guess if that's what ppl like to see, then thats fine
          <font size="1">Gigabyte GA-6VXC7-4X MoBo
          VIA Apollo Pro 133a (694x/686A) chipset (4x agp, UDMA 66)
          Celeron II 733 CPU (coppermine 128)
          128meg (2x64) 133mhz SDRam
          Matrox Milleniumm G200 AGP 16 mb
          Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Digital model 0100 (MP3+, Gamer)
          Quantum LM 30 gig HD 7200 RPM UDMA 66
          Realtek 8029A NIC Card
          Optiquest V775 17" Monitor
          Actima 36X CD-Rom
          Advansys 510 SCSI Card (ISA, but good enuf for my burner)
          Yamaha 6416 CD-RW
          Windows 2000 (primary)
          Slackware Linux 9.0(secondary/emergency)</font>

Comment

I can't believe , people think the drivers were really hacked ( or are you joking )
            -muted-

Comment

"Galvin, don't be dense. He was making fun of Matrox PR when he said that someone had to have secretly done this because of what they were claiming."

Sounds like somebody had a sense of humour removal?
              It cost one penny to cross, or one hundred gold pieces if you had a billygoat.
              Trolls might not be quick thinkers but they don't forget in a hurry, either

Comment

You really mean that someone didn't download all the drivers for the past year before we could download them and place the references to the G800.

How could this be true, it must have been a cracker as the G800 name doesn't exist and probably never will

All I know is that the next card that goes in my system will be either a ATI Radeon or the Matrox G800, I mean G550, no sorry G1600. I am hoping with the last one as I just heard a rumour (in my head) that the G1600 will be 4 times faster then the G400.

------------------
                PIII450@504, G400 32MB DH, 384MB, BX2000 MOBO.

[This message has been edited by dbdg (edited 06 May 2001).]

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X