Benchies for G400 on a 1.4gig Athlon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benchies for G400 on a 1.4gig Athlon

you any of you who wanted to know how well a G400 (150/200) would do if paired with a 1.4gig Athlon, well he's your chance. hopefully in a couple of day's i'll have it going (need better PS)

i'll run Q3 in all situations and 3Dmark2000 and 2001. if you want anything else just tell me how to do it and what game.

this is mainly to fullfil my curiousity of how the G400 does if it's not limited by the triangle setup.

------------------
    Slow people are easy to pass, it's people who drive fast that are hard.
    no harm, no foul.

I'm interested in the 3dmark score!

Ran 3dmark2001 on a 1GHz P3 (133fsb), 256MB ram (CAS3),ABIT bx 133, 40GB maxtor 60+, Elsa Gfart3 score ~4200 3dmarks! I was amazed by the high 3d speed and quality in the demo! To bad 2d sucked, not as bad as other gfarts but still much worse then on Matrox cards!
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

this post is closed due to lack of G400 power

http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum5/HTML/010833.html

------------------
      no harm, no foul.

Comment

I tested a P!!!/ 1 Gigger Slot 1 on my P2B-S R1.03 the other day ... nice!!! You guys always said that the G400 Max peters out after an 850 P!!! but I've got to tell you that there's a noticeable difference going to a 1 Gigger! Q3A is smooth!!! I'm going to try and get my 850 FC-PGA/slotKET working on my buddy's P2B-LS R.103 (the Gigger won't) in which case it looks like I just won a free upgrade to the full Monty.
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Benchmarks upward crawl is slowed tremendously beyond 850. That's not to say the added horsepower doesn't effect the gameplay in heavy scenes.
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

well i've been able to bench Q3 (using Q3bench) once so far and got:

..........normal......high......max
            6x4....100.8........82.5.....80.9
            8x6.....70.7.........56.8.....55.9
            10x7...46.3.........36.4.....35.8

this is with my g400 @150/200 (AGPx1) and tbird @ 1125mhz (7.5x150)

------------------

[This message has been edited by drzaius (edited 27 June 2001).]
            Last edited by drzaius; 10 July 2001, 11:25.
            no harm, no foul.

Comment

I found a big difference in Q3A between by 850 and 1G; 1) I've been getting graphical glitches with Q3A under W2K, but those went away with the 1G, and 2) the game just completely smoothed out where it was always instantly responsive and this improved my game tremendously.
              <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

how much do you think this AGPx1 thing is holding me back? compared to AGPx2?

as i will get to 1.4 as soon as i can, i just need to close the L1 bridges better

------------------
                no harm, no foul.

Comment

drzaius, since December of last year, it seems to be an occasion to find an AMD CPU with the L1 bridges cut at all.

I get 5,456 in 3D MARK 2001 with Win2000 and my Elsa GeForce 3, shipped drivers. No overclock on the 1.333 CPU or the video card. Gotta tell you the 2D ain't that bad, even better than the Elsa GeForce2 card.

------------------
                  ASUS A7M266, 1333MHz/266, 512MB Crucial PC2100 DDR, Two RAID 0's, Win2000/Win98SE
                  The Rest
                  MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
                  Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
                  512MB regular Crucial PC2100
                  Matrox P
                  X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
                  LianLiPC70

Comment

I don't see AGP1X loosing more than 1fps from AGP2X. The G400 seems to be happy with the bandwidth the AGP1X provides.

Other cards may loose a few fps when on AGP1X compared to AGP2X.
                    Primary system specs:
                    Asus A7V266-E | AthlonXP 1700+ | Alpha Pal8045T | Radeon 8500 | 256mb Crucial DDR | Maxtor D740X 40gb | Ricoh 8/8/32 | Toshiba 16X DVD | 3Com 905C TX NIC | Hercules Fortissimo II | Antec SX635 | Win2k Pro

Comment

Q3A benchmarks? Turbo GL?

I benchmarked Quake 3 Arena Demo with a G400 Max.
                      System is P4 1.7ghz on an Intel 850GBAL motherboard, 256MB.

FPS numbers I received from demo001 and demo002:

Normal: 76.3 78.4
                      High: 43.0 44.3

Normal with 800x600x32: 52.2 53.7
                      Normal with 1024x768x32: 32.8 33.6

I'm using 6.51 drivers, OS is Win98SE.

Release notes indicate 6.51 drivers are not compatable
                      with TurboGL. I've seen higher number with 5.xx drivers
                      and TurboGL (at other sites).

Is TurboGL included as part of 6.51 Open GL (Pentium 3
                      or higher detection to enable)?

Comment

TGL is nothing more than a MCD and cannot be used with Power Desk 6 and up.

Either use PD 5.52 and use TGL or stick with PD6.51 without
                        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
                          TGL is nothing more than a MCD and cannot be used with Power Desk 6 and up. Either use PD 5.52 and use TGL or stick with PD6.51 without
                          Thanks for the quick reply. I not an "avid" gamer anyway, so I'll stick with the PD6.51. Also, a RC flight simulator, Real Flight G2, requires DX8.0 or better, and the fog effect in this and Need for Speed series didn't work until the PD 6.xx releases.

Comment

Tried the 550 with TGL, it was slower...

Turns out that I had 32-bit Z-buffer turned on and this slowed results slightly compared to Z-buffer turned off. I'll start a new thread for the results.

Comment

Working...
                            X