THINK vs. G@H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THINK vs. G@H

G@H is getting much more attention (and users) in MURC world than THINK.

Any particular reason for it ?

I can't THINK

Kim
    P5B Deluxe, C2D E6600, Scythe Ninja, G.Skill 2GBHX
    Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

Comment

alt_comp_hardware_overclocking is one reason!

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

HardOCP is another!
        According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Sysyfos

Your THIN(K)G doesn't work ???!!!

Comment

Now you're getting personal

Kim
            P5B Deluxe, C2D E6600, Scythe Ninja, G.Skill 2GBHX
            Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

Comment

SHIT where did [H]ardOCP come from??? I didn't know they started a Genome team!! They obliterated everyone in Folding in only a few months!

Comment

AMC: I gave it some attention until it hang up on me

I wasn't telling Hard_OCP to anyone, since no-one ever wanted to know about alt_comp_whatever... No-one around here was watching anyway... so what do I care?

Overtakings of MURC

Jord.
                Jordâ„¢

Comment

Found this: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread....hreadid=151166 at HardOCP.
                  "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

Well, since THINK running on the same cpu as genome only gets 1% cpu-power, and THINK's points is based on run-time, all should in theory run both. With this combination, the genome-production will nearly be unchanged, but at the same time you'll produce many points for THINK.

The main reason against THINK is that it only saves between main molecules. There is 100 or 200 main molecules in a wu. For every main molecule there can be 100 sub-molecules, and if you're unlucky some of these sub-molecules can take over 12 hours cpu-time to run. This becomes over 100 hours run-time alongside genome@home.
                    Some has also problems with discarded wu or run-time turned back to 0.

Because of win9x unstability and THINK's sometimes long times between saves, in practice you'll need NT to run both genome & THINK at the same time.

Comment

Finding so little interest about THINK in MURC, I decided to join may company group.

However the important is to contribute and I still consider myself a Murcer

Comment

Working...
                      X