Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The server has already received this result....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The server has already received this result....

&$#£ screewy timewarp
    P5B Deluxe, C2D E6600, Scythe Ninja, G.Skill 2GBHX
    Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

Yup,
    Seen it now and again.
    I mean, what are the chances of you getting given the exact same work unit to do again? (I mean I know they send the same unit it to more than one person, but it just seems unlikely you'd get the same one again)
    It's so damn annoying when it happens, cause you look at the 'Time Taken' and think, hummm, 7 wasted CPU hours!
    It cost one penny to cross, or one hundred gold pieces if you had a billygoat.
    Trolls might not be quick thinkers but they don't forget in a hurry, either

Comment

The server has already received this result....

On all my SETI machines today, I have this error.... anyone else?

------------------
      Cheers,
      Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

Probably due to this

May 16, 2001

After several days of attempting to fix the damage to the database, we've come to the conclusion that a restore is the only remaining option. We're taking the opportunity to modify the server configuration for what we hope will be enhanced reliability. Malfunction of the RAID controllers has been the cause of most of our major outages. We've decided to stop using hardware RAID and move to a software RAID configuration. Software RAID will allow is to mirror and stripe across controllers, so the failure of a single controller should not shut us down or lead to an unrecoverable situation. We're in the process of reconfiguring now. The restore should start tomorrow. There are 13 tapes that need to be restored. Last time it took about 4 hours per tape, so that's a bit more than two days, assuming we don't sleep.

May 14, 2001

On Saturday, one of the RAID cards in the science database machine indicated that all of the drives attached to it had failed. Since then the server has been running as well as it can without the science database. We're working on fixing the problem. Hopefully it won't require a restore from backup.

May 11, 2001

Last night the server started generating spurious "duplicate result" messages. The cause appears to be related to a server revision made yesterday afternoon. We've reverted to an earlier server version and are investigating the problem.

From here http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/tech_news.html

------------------
        I guess I won't recruit for my team here Team Anandtech 9th place
        Team AnandTech - SETI@H, Muon1 DPAD, F@H, MW@H, Asteroids@H, LHC@H, Skynet POGS.

Main rig - Q9550 @3.6 GHz, HD 5850 (Cat 13.1), 4GB DDR2, Win 7 64bit, BOINC 7.2.42
        2nd rig - E5200 @3.73 GHz, GTX 260 c216, 4GB DDR2, Win XP, BOINC 7.2.42

Comment

Working...
        X