Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marvel G400 -Agp Slot, first version? - Tuner + Antenna ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel G400 -Agp Slot, first version? - Tuner + Antenna ?

Hi!
    Two Questions... (Sorry, but I'm a real newbie):

1. I have a motherboard (Intel 440LX Chipset) with the first version of the AGP Slot. Can I use the Matrox Marvel G400 Card in that Slot ?

2. I don't have cable TV. Is it possible to use the Marvel Tuner with an antenna ?

Thank you very much !

Chris (German)

Hi,
    I also have a MoBo with Intel 440LX.
    The answer is affirmative for both your questions.
    The TV antenna cable should provide a good quality signal.
    Bye.
    daniele
    Daniele

Comment

Hi!

I wasn't sure about using the Marvel in my LX Mobo, either. I called Matrox Tech Support Germany (very nice people there, btw) and they told me their AGP cards are compatible with all AGP slots (1.0 and 2.0).

You don't need cable for TV reception, an antenna will work just fine.

Bye
      Joepy

Comment

Thank you VERY much for your fast and nice answers !
        Did you have any problems with the Marvel, or do you think that it is a great all-in-one solution?

Chris

Comment

Oh, I forgot...
          My AGP Slot has only two sections. But when I look at a Marvel ad , the card there has four "things" which you have to put into the sections (three with pins, one without). I wonder if that thing puts right into my two sections slot ?

Thanks, Chris

Comment

You can put the THREE "things" into your "two-thing-AGP-slot"!

Do not try to put the green plastic tab into your AGP slot. You could cause severe damage(see Marvel manual p.7).

The Marvel is basically a great card, but I get green flashes and stripes in the TV out (that's a different thread!). No one seems to know a solution to this, so if you also get these gren stripes, try to return your card.

Good luck

Joepy

Comment

Working...
            X