Banding at bottom of MPEG 4 or MPEG 1 Capture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banding at bottom of MPEG 4 or MPEG 1 Capture

This was captured using MPEG1 as the codec in MSPRO with YUY2. If I use MPEG4 V3 I get the same banding. The banding has been blue and green in color as well. Note that this was captured of the TV from my Marvel the black bands above and below are supposed to be there as that is how it was presented in letterbox format on the TV. Anyone else have this problem when using MPEG1 or MPEG4 V3 as codec while capturing live? YUY2 window seto to 352x240.

Hi there,

I believe that a lot of people have this same problem. I think it has something to do with capturing into the overscan area of a normal broadcast source. I think the Matrox cards do not capture completely into this area, even though you set the capture size to include it. Thus you get a band of blank video that shows up like this.

I could be wrong, this is from recollection.

Anyway, I don't know that there is much to do about this particular problem. If you can set cropping in your MPEG program, you might try to crop out this particular area as you encode. If you display this MPEG out to TV, that part should be in the overscan and become a moot point, BUT, if you plan on using it mostly on computer, well, that's kind of annoying, so you might try that.

Hope to be of service,
    Matt

Comment

I believe the coloured band at the bottom of the picture is one of the things why YUY2 is still not officially supported. It is a bug which only appears when capturing in YUY2.
      Michka
      I am watching the TV and it's worthless.
      If I switch it on it is even worse.

Comment

Working...
      X