Need Help with Premiere 5.1 Playback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help with Premiere 5.1 Playback

I know, everyone has problems with premiere and Marvel G200. I read many other discussions, but there is still one problem i have. Capturing and Exporting movies in MJPEG works fine, but if i play them from the Premiere Timeline, playback is bad. Has anyone solved this problem?

I have same problem. I bought a set of Premiere 5.1 months ago. At first I thought I can export the edited video to tape without generate a big AVI file. Unfortunately whatever playback from time line or Export->Print to Video, the quality is really bad, just like playing a 15fps file. But it is strange it does not have any problem to play AVI at source window.
    I am quite disappointed since I bought it for VHS mastering but the quality is unacceptable. It seems that the only way is spend 48hours to export the edited video to avi before export to VHS.

My system configuration:-
    - Source AVI: 704x576 25fps
    - Compression: MJPEG
    - Video Capture Card: RRG
    - VGA Card: G400 32M DH
    - Intel P3 600E running at 800MHz
    - Asus P3B-F Mother Board
    - 128MB PC133 SDRAM
    - IBM 10.1GB UDMA33 7200rpm for Application
    - Seagate 28GB UDMA66 7200rpm for AVI
    - Promise UDMA66 Adapter
    - SBLive Value

Paul

Comment

Same prob. Discussed at CEBIT with Matrox and ADOBE (quite stubborn both). Result:
      Matrox driver is not exactly matching vid.f.wind. standard. Thus premi stutters. Matrox told me they dont want to invest into this product as it is low-budget stuff and proposed their new high end card to me.
      Just great!
      Regards

Bernd Stoeckl

Comment

Hi there,

You know, I have this same problem, but I seem to be able to solve it fairly easily (albeit annoyingly) when I am doing a very large project. To begin with, my system is kind of a mishmosh of stuff. I admit it, I love doing the video stuff, but I also play a game here or there, and do internet and so on.

Anyway, I _can_ get smooth playback. I have a Pentium III 450, 96 Megs of RAM, Abit BX6 Rev2.0, and a fairly basic drive setup with two drives, both not incredibly fast (although soon, very soon, my Maxtor 40 gig ULTRA66 arrives... ).

Anyway, what works for me is removing completely from the system anything that causes slowdown, or steals system resources AT ALL...

I'm talking about closing down ICQ, your Virus Protection, all system agents (resource hogs). When I do serious video work that I don't have disk space or time to fully create the final AVI movie, I even go so far as to completely remove my network cards (also resource hogs, even when they're not connected to anything).

Basically, I close everything that's running, to the point that the only two icons in my corner are the speaker icon, and the Matrox Powerdesk icon.

Now, on top of this, I run using Win98 lite, which is just beautiful. I've NEVER had any compatibility problems with it, and it substantially improves the speed of my system. Check out <A HREF="http://www.98lite.net">www.98lite.net</A> for info. I love this setup. It uses the much faster 95 explorer with the backend of 98, but completely removes IE4 from your system (also a resource hog).

Um, past this, the basic stuff should all be done. Defrag hard drives, clear unneeded stuff from memory, and so on, and so on.

But anyway, with all this, I CAN do playback directly from the timeline pretty easily. For reference, I usually hit preview rather than just hitting play from the output window. Personal preference, I don't honestly know if it speeds anything up, but it DOES pre-render the transitions and such.

Of course, your best bet is probably just to go out and get Ulead Media Studio Pro 6.

Hope this helps,
        Matt

Comment

Working...
        X